Sundown Audio

MTX 1501D @ 1 Ohm?

Benji0687

well the verdict is in...it POUNDS!! The amp seems to be taking it like a champ, doesn't even get hot. Voltage seems to sag a little, especially at night. I just installed a 150a alt and a Kinetik HC600 in the back, along with two other capacitors. I'll post pics as soon as we have a sunny day.

2000LaDe...PM me about that modded amp. lets talk.

1989 Chevy Caprice Classic
350ci V8 High Performance

JVC Arsenal HU

JL XR series components

Infinity Reference 6x9s

Pioneer Premier 4-Channel

Clarion 2-Channel

Rockford Fosgate Series 1 2-Channel

Fusion 2000.1D

MTX Crossover

RF, Knu, Kicker, and Monster wiring

NVX VCW 12in. Sub **Won on here from the Sonic contest!**

*Build log coming soon!*

Starting all over pretty much which the gear listed...lost almost everything I had, including my life. Never take life and what's in it for granted.

• 2 weeks later...

well its been over a week, and the amp seems to be handling things quite well. it doesnt even get hot, although it seems to be abusing my electrical system at night. i have a yellowtop under the hood, a kinetik hc600 and two 1 farad capacitors in the back, any idea why my voltage is dropping so hard? also, has anyone else had problems with the gain controls on this amp? it seems VERY VERY sensitive, and difficult to find the "sweet spot". i'm debating whether or not to hold onto the amp, it seems to push the subs nicely, but between the gain issue and the loose RCAs on the amp (was like that when I bought it) i'm just not sure which step to take next. Any advice would be awesome!

JVC Arsenal HU

JL XR series components

Infinity Reference 6x9s

Clarion 2-Channel

Fusion 2000.1D

MTX Crossover

*Build log coming soon!*

Starting all over pretty much which the gear listed...lost almost everything I had, including my life. Never take life and what's in it for granted.

Getting the gains to exactly what you want them to using a DMM isn't easy..Takes about 30mins to get it exactly what you wanted it to unless you get lucky and nail it right where you wanted the first few times.

x2..don't rush anything..take your time to do whatever you plan to do cause you dont want the end result to be  :rip_1:

I see Booty

2007 Toyota Camry

19" VMR Rims

H&R Lowering Springs.

Magnaflow Exhaust System

K&N Air Intake

6k HID Projectors & Fogs w/ Black housed headlights.

Optima Yellow Top - Front. Kinetik HC 600 - Trunk

Kenwood KVT-617

Rockford Fosgate 3sixty.2

Rockford Fosgate T2001-BD - Sub Amp

Alpine MRV F-345 - Front stage

Front Stage - A pillars - Dayton Audio 4" mids w/ Vifa Tweeters

Front Doors - Vifa - 6.5" midbass 1" Vifa Tweeters

Subwoofers - 2x 12" Image Dynamics IDMAX - 2.91 cuft ported enclosure tuned at 25hz

• 8 months later...

just thought id update and let ya'll know that my 1501D is STILL running great! i have it pushing 6 RF 12s at 1 ohm and it takes it like a champ! i added another cap i had laying around dedicated only for that amp, so now my voltage is staying high. my only problem is, now i need another one to power all those subs!

JVC Arsenal HU

JL XR series components

Infinity Reference 6x9s

Clarion 2-Channel

Fusion 2000.1D

MTX Crossover

*Build log coming soon!*

I had the MTX 1501 elite serious there rated at 1 ohm and i had a 1601 hifonics the hifonics was way louder!!! But then i hooked up a Kicker zx1500 and just kills all the amps ive ran up to now :)

thats weird...

plus that kicker amp is 2ohm stable only and it probably drew less amperage which in turn gave u more voltage which gave more power.. "more than likely"

Archived