Sundown Audio

MTX 1501D @ 1 Ohm?

Benji0687

I need to know whether or not my mtx 1501d amp will be stable to use daily at 1 ohm. I'm going to be running all 1/0 with a yellowtop under the hood and a kinetik batt in the back, so power wont be an issue. i'm gonna hook up two Pioneer Premier W3000SPL (dual 4 ohm) subs in a ported box. Any help would be really appreciated!

1989 Chevy Caprice Classic
350ci V8 High Performance

JVC Arsenal HU

JL XR series components

Infinity Reference 6x9s

Pioneer Premier 4-Channel

Clarion 2-Channel

Rockford Fosgate Series 1 2-Channel

Fusion 2000.1D

MTX Crossover

RF, Knu, Kicker, and Monster wiring

NVX VCW 12in. Sub **Won on here from the Sonic contest!**

*Build log coming soon!*

Starting all over pretty much which the gear listed...lost almost everything I had, including my life. Never take life and what's in it for granted.

Is it rated @ 1ohm?

yep my homie has that same amp and was running it at 1 ohm and wondered why it kept going into protect after 15 minutes of play. it's only 2 bro.

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

(1) XS Power D6500(UNDERHOOD) and (1) XS3000(REAR)

3 runs 1/0ga for power and 2 runs of 1/0ga for negative.

(2)-RFT165s components, ...... 4 separate 1 inch tweetersRF T600-2(fronts) Punch 450.4(rear)

Audiocontrol 3.1.

DC power 260amp alternator w/MLA Module

I know its only rated at 2 ohms, but i didn't know if it could handle the lower ohm load. how would you guys hook up two dual 4 ohm subs to that amp? any help with this is really appreciated.

1989 Chevy Caprice Classic
350ci V8 High Performance

JVC Arsenal HU

JL XR series components

Infinity Reference 6x9s

Pioneer Premier 4-Channel

Clarion 2-Channel

Rockford Fosgate Series 1 2-Channel

Fusion 2000.1D

MTX Crossover

RF, Knu, Kicker, and Monster wiring

NVX VCW 12in. Sub **Won on here from the Sonic contest!**

*Build log coming soon!*

Starting all over pretty much which the gear listed...lost almost everything I had, including my life. Never take life and what's in it for granted.

I know its only rated at 2 ohms' date=' but i didn't know if it could handle the lower ohm load. how would you guys hook up two dual 4 ohm subs to that amp? any help with this is really appreciated.

[/quot

I know its only rated at 2 ohms, but i didn't know if it could handle the lower ohm load. how would you guys hook up two dual 4 ohm subs to that amp? any help with this is really appreciated.

with two d4s you can only run that amp at 4 ohm and that's only 750rms x 1 at 4 ohm. so not much juice. you can wire both subs in series and have them running at 8 ohm apiece and bridge them to 4 ohm together. see if you can get some D2s.

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

(1) XS Power D6500(UNDERHOOD) and (1) XS3000(REAR)

3 runs 1/0ga for power and 2 runs of 1/0ga for negative.

(2)-RFT165s components, ...... 4 separate 1 inch tweetersRF T600-2(fronts) Punch 450.4(rear)

Audiocontrol 3.1.

DC power 260amp alternator w/MLA Module

Archived