Fiberglassing In winter?

• 2 weeks later...

Now that finals are over with I can finally get to work on my new install.  Part of the install requires some fiberglassing, and I've never done any of that in cold weather before.  Ill be doing the work in my garage which is kept at a little above 40 degrees which is warm enough for me but is much colder than the 70 degrees that the directions recommend.  Anyone got some tips for fiberglassing at these temperatures?  I cant wait til spring/summer, I'm already having bass withdrawals lol.

i have used Fiber glass in the winter time. I used work lamps you can get them @ Wally World (Walmart) the dual lamps for around $26 (maybe cheaper) bulbs are a 1000 watt each and can heat up to temps around 100+ degress. In ur garage with temps being just above 40 degress, your looking at with the lights on the glass about a foot away temps being around 70-75 which makes the  temps perfect. Sets not to fast,  not to slow but just right

you can also look at getting heat lamps the bulbs are around $6, the holder around $9

shut the doors , roll the windows up and turn the heater on high.

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

• 1 month later...

I fiberglassed my sub enclosure last winter outside under my back porch. It was freezing out but I couldnt wait till it warmed up... I used extra hardener and it took a loooong time to cure completely, I didnt use any heat lamps but it turned out fine.

As far as the weather goes...Theres no way in hell that I would rather be here in the winter than back home in M.I.A, Ill take the heat of miami any day over the cold up here... Ill prolly be moving back down this summer cause I cant stand the cold!