the everchanging avalon build, part 4?

i want to redo the doors

i also and kicking around the idea of going apeshit and getting a a6000gti and a wall

does db-r repair a6000gti's? it has this funky problem where it turns off randomly, not protect, just cuts out, like every time it vibrates or bounces....i can get it for dirt cheap and its def an amp worth repairing (jbl wouldnt fix it, just offered the guy a new one like way below cost, so this one is in our stockroom, broken)

If it only does it when it is jarred, it may very well just be a bad solder joint. If you have an hour and a soldering iron, just start hitting solder joints to remelt them (only if you are good with an iron).

97 Maxima SE

Bunch of shit going in, check out the build

alpine_logo.jpgSundown_Banner.jpgxspower.png

• 1 month later...

so its summer again, and i'm building again of course

so

i took out the old box, which required a lot of banging and a sawzall and some friends

Posted Image

surveyed what was left

Posted Image

ran more 0g under the carpet still all nice like

Posted Image

Posted Image

surveyed what was in my box of 0g, i still think monster is the thickest out (monster, rockford, and knu respectively)

Posted Image

Posted Image

then I got to the real work...smashed the spare tire well flat to build a batt rack

Posted Image

started laying out a template for the beasts

Posted Image

basically, those are shuriken bk120's...120ah/2600ca or something like that, equivalent to a kinetik 2400 (and the metra rep/tech support say they ARE a kinetik, same builder, just a thinner black case and a few lbs heavier apparantly....and half the price)

they obviously barely fit, i dont think there is a 1/16th of an inch between them and the floor over them

being that it was a 10 hour day and these things are 80something pounds apiece, I didnt get much accomplished, but i cut the battery rack out of wood and laid out the chocks to keep them in place, just have to get some 1/8th inch mdf to act as a riser so it doesnt touch and some foam for over the batteries, the floor is basically a lid holding them in

as for those of you going "hey, wtf does he need 2 0g runs, a kinetik 1400 and 3 2400 sized batteries for?"

you'll find out later, I finally have the funds in order to do it, and I hope to have it done by mid july, this weekend i'm getting my busbars, some more 0g for grounds and such, fuseholders, and work a 7 day week since my shop is having a carshow.

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

I like the door pods you did at the beginning of the build. how did you hold them to the doors? I want to do custompods too but dont have it in me to cut the door panels apart to do so.

Current System:

Pioneer 6900 HU

Front Stage: (for now)

Soundstream tarantula 5.25 in the doors

Soundstream tarantula 4x6 in the dash

Kenwood 400.4 for mids & highs

Bass:

4 Soundstream RW-12's

2 Power Acoustik Stax 4000/1D's

single chamber box, 2.65 cubes.

Currently under the knife being bagged

Rebuilding err'thang

about 6 or 8 zipscrews with panheads hold each one on...been about a year and they're all going strong

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

about 6 or 8 zipscrews with panheads hold each one on...been about a year and they're all going strong

Thats exactly what i needed to know. I want the pods, but dont want to destroy my door doing it. thanks.

the system is looking really nice. good job.

Nice battery choice btw. im getting a 100 and a 120 for my truck. i wanted the kinetiks but i found the same thing with the price.

Current System:

Pioneer 6900 HU

Front Stage: (for now)

Soundstream tarantula 5.25 in the doors

Soundstream tarantula 4x6 in the dash

Kenwood 400.4 for mids & highs

Bass:

4 Soundstream RW-12's

2 Power Acoustik Stax 4000/1D's

single chamber box, 2.65 cubes.

Currently under the knife being bagged

Rebuilding err'thang

yea, i wasnt about to like call kinetik and have them give me special pricing and then owe them something, so my price for kinetik was like 100 more than a shuriken

as for updates, wont be any until like monday, then i'll run the wires and get the box started from the plans I have so far.

Team DC

In the spare tire well, you just pounded the part in the center till it was flat with the bottom? Nice !!! That must have been one hell of a job. I gotta get working on my tire well too. New job is taking all my time. Good luck on your rebuild.

97 Maxima SE

Bunch of shit going in, check out the build

alpine_logo.jpgSundown_Banner.jpgxspower.png

basically, those are shuriken bk120's...120ah/2600ca or something like that, equivalent to a kinetik 2400 (and the metra rep/tech support say they ARE a kinetik, same builder, just a thinner black case and a few lbs heavier apparantly....and half the price)

as a side note, the Shuriken batteries and the Kinetik batteries are made in a different factory, not the same builder; they are not the same thing. they do look alike but they are different.

just sayin, everything ive been told points to them being like rebadged/cased kinetiks...doesnt explain why they weigh significantly more but whatever...if they're putting out current like they should i could care less

and bob, i know all about the long hours...12 a day is killer. but yea i just banged the center down...there was like a 1inch high raised part in the center and then a 2 inch high hoop to screw the spare down ontop of that...now its all flat. took like half an hour but whatever...also smashed the rounded corners flatter and sharper, these barely fit even with all that work (and i know i coulda just used 1/2 inch wood, but i didnt have any laying around in the garage.

but thanks for the luck, i'm going to need it. hopefully its done by the end of july or so

Team DC

• 2 weeks later...

Archived