the everchanging avalon build, part 4?

nonono

i need my backseat

honestly, a little paint in the port, cover that bracket, and a pretty panel to make the back not so wretched and im good, i just cant fiberglass outside in 12 degree weather, so it has to wait

and this is my experiment car like i've said before, its a friggin 95 toyota, so come on, i dont care if i destroy it in the process

on a side note, can anyone tell me why this box is brutal at like 29-32hz when its tuned to like 43ish? i mean, "i love your girl" and "cant believe it" POUND, like astonishingly, im shocked with it, its absolutely brutal, and its just little 8's in a fairly high tuned box. Are they just free-airing and doing some wicked stuff or something?

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

oh man, i just searched through the vehicle and traffic laws of nys

3. if manufactured on or after January first, nineteen hundred fifty-two, at least two lighted lamps on the rear, one on each side, which lamps shall display a red light visible from the rear for a distance of at least one thousand feet; and

Stop Lamps

40. Stop lamps. (a) Every motor vehicle, except a motorcycle, operated or driven upon the public highways of the state, if manufactured prior to January first, nineteen hundred fifty-two, shall be equipped with at least one stop lamp which shall display a red to amber light visible at least five hundred feet from the rear of the vehicle when the brake of such vehicle is applied.

(B) Every motor vehicle, except a motorcycle, operated or driven upon the public highways of the state, if manufactured on or after January first, nineteen hundred fifty-two, shall be equipped with at least two stop lamps, one on each side, each of which shall display a red to amber light visible at least five hundred feet from the rear of the vehicle when the brake of such vehicle is applied.

so it looks like i nead ATLEAST 2 red rear driving lights and ATLEAST 2 brake lights, one on each side

so, i guess i can take it out

suppose officer friendly just told me that because he saw it lit up in the rear seat dangling by a cord when i was in the parking lot and figured it's a good idea to make me paranoid

Double check that law but look for "third stop lamp" or "high mounted stop lamp" the government made them standard equipment on cars after 1986 so there may be something there. In Kansas (I know it's not NY) because the government made third brake lights standard equipment they have to be operational because it's a "stop lamp" They have ways to BS people.

1990 Chevy Suburban (Big Booty Judy)

(4) Sundown Audio Zv5 18's

(1) Sundown Audio Salt 12K

(1) Sundown Audio SAX-100.4

(1) Sundown Audio SAE-50.4

(2) Crossfire ST-1 Tweeters

(2) Obsidian Audio ST-1 tweeters

(4) Sundown Audio Neo Pro v3 6.5's

Saving 2nd Bass

In North America since 1986, in Australia and New Zealand since 1990, and in Europe since 1998, a central brake lamp, mounted higher than the vehicle's left and right brake lamps and called a Centre High Mount Stop Lamp (CHMSL), is also required. The CHMSL (pronounced /ˈtʃɪmzəl/) is also sometimes referred to as the centre brake lamp, the 3rd brake Lamp, the eye-level brake lamp, the safety brake lamp, or the high-level brake lamp. The CHMSL may produce light by means of a single central filament bulb, a row or cluster of filament bulbs or LEDs, or a strip of Neon tube.

thats why its not in nys laws, its a federal safety regulation, or they just forgot to include it in the part i was going through

either way, shit, it needs to be there, and its going to be ugly as hell till I fiberglass the rear and switch to an LED strip (i have some plans brewing for when its warmer, spring break project, i dont wanna go back to work for 4 days)

so, uh, anyone know if kicker is going to release new squares at the 8in size anytime soon? im not to confident in these holding up for long, and im concerned that when i blow one the whole project gets scrapped

edit: im dumb, i looked at the kicker website, and its listed, i was just clueless and its early. Not much demand for 8in squares i'd assume, they also have L7 8's which is reassuring, but i cant even get rms to them, the new L5's have a bumped up rms spec so it should be fine. Think if i blow these i'd get the newer ones sent out?

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

im def losing alot of pressure into the trunk

on low notes it jumps around just like it used to with the 2 -12's in there, something is really weak in that trunk, it vibrates ALOT

im kinda falling in love with this, i love the way it sounds, and realistically i dont think im getting anything much more extreme in there, i'd love to do 2-15's back there, but i dont see it happening, i think im just going to switch to the 08 l5's or 7's(to be safe, i CANT blow them once its in there or i'm pretty effed in the eh), i think im just going to sprayfoam it sometime soon to seal it off and then build a fiberglass deck or something to that order this summer and be done with it (that or i was thinking of just making a square frame to go between the box and factory rear deck, and then just run the stock deck with lke a trim ring, similar to how my old port was but much larger and square)

i'll get a vid up today sometime if i figure out how, it moves a ton of air, 3 people now have said something like "who needs A/C when you have that in there?!"

everyone else just laughs in disbelief that its just 8's, its louder than most dual 15 setups ive heard (i mean normal person 15's, not the 3000watt monsters u nuts in here run)

Team DC

im def losing alot of pressure into the trunk

on low notes it jumps around just like it used to with the 2 -12's in there, something is really weak in that trunk, it vibrates ALOT

im kinda falling in love with this, i love the way it sounds, and realistically i dont think im getting anything much more extreme in there, i'd love to do 2-15's back there, but i dont see it happening, i think im just going to switch to the 08 l5's or 7's(to be safe, i CANT blow them once its in there or i'm pretty effed in the eh), i think im just going to sprayfoam it sometime soon to seal it off and then build a fiberglass deck or something to that order this summer and be done with it (that or i was thinking of just making a square frame to go between the box and factory rear deck, and then just run the stock deck with lke a trim ring, similar to how my old port was but much larger and square)

i'll get a vid up today sometime if i figure out how, it moves a ton of air, 3 people now have said something like "who needs A/C when you have that in there?!"

everyone else just laughs in disbelief that its just 8's, its louder than most dual 15 setups ive heard (i mean normal person 15's, not the 3000watt monsters u nuts in here run)

haha 3000 watts, IMO i'll pee pee on 3000 watts. that's nothin'! :spiteful:

team-2.jpg

Team T3 Audio

Team Sundown Audio

Team O.B.M

Operation Beast Mode

"Believe half of what you see and none of what you hear"

wigglez that was a bit over the top, i dont want to invison dw giving any young lady a "cream pie" let alone "throat babies".

yea

ya'll are insane

i dont know how you can ride around with 10krms+ and 4 18's in your car all day, this is a nice amount of bass for me personally

but here's a vid:

Posted Image

my camera doesnt pick up the roof inside flexing or my rearview for some reason, although i cant see ANYTHING through it. I can also very clearly see my windshield shaking and the wipers dancing, but it doesnt come through in the vid

p.s., when its cold out and i have the heat on, the car warms up but the box stays cold, and when it hits a loud low note it like blows all the cold air out into the car, i almost shit myself when it happened on the highway, i thought i broke a window or something

Team DC

shit looks loud for what it is

but you really need to clean it up and seal it from the trunk

R.I.P!

(Nov-29-2009)

92 explorer

- 4 Atomic Apxx 15s duel .7s - 4rth order bandpass wall -4 powerbass XA-3000D's - 16 8volt batts wired to 16 volts - (9+/9-) runs 0gauge - 152.3 Db @ 29hz

current build

97 chevy lumina4 - 1 Atomic Apx 18 - 6 cube slot port trunk sealed off - 1 powerbass XA-3000D - 2 optima G31s in spare tire18 1 run 1/0

Archived