Components Question?

duct_tape123

I have a 2004 Chevy extended cab with the bose stereo that has factory tweets in the A-pillars. I want some components, but I can't find any with 4 tweeters. Should I just put the tweeters in the A-pillars or try to find a second set for doors and pillars?

your question is a bit confusing ... no components come with 4 tweeters usually 2 woofers and 2 tweets ....

~Matthew

1998 Toyota Camry XLE V6 3L

(1) ScyTek Astra 4000RS-2W-1 2-Way Remote Start Alarm

with Shock and Proximity

(1) 20% Tint All Around (Gately Audio)

(1) 250 Amperage HO Alternator

(1) Big 3 Done In 1/0

(2) Kinetik HC2400 Power Cell

(1) Alpine IVA-D106 Receiver

(1) Peripheral Video Bypass Device

(4) Alpine SPS-17C2 Speakers

(1) Alpine KCE-422i iPod Control Interface

(4) Sheets Dynamat Extreme; for speakers

(1) 10 Square Feet Hushmat (Trunk & Rear Deck)

(4) DC Audio Level 4 15" D2 Subwoofer w/ Level 5 Coils

(1) Wall Built By David, Tuned to 32 Hz

(1) Rockford Fosgate T40001bd Amplifier

(1) Stinger 1/0 Wiring (2 runs of + 2 runs of -)

(1) Stinger Volt Meter

but I can't find any with 4 tweeters. Should I just put the tweeters in the A-pillars or try to find a second set for doors and pillars?

That would be your best bet.

Component sets only come with 1 pair of tweeters and 1 pair of drivers.

The stock tweeters in your a-pillers will most likely be a different size then the new components you buy, so you may have to fabricate a custom holder for the new tweeters.

Then just put the new drivers that came with your components in the door. If you also sound deaden your doors you will get a better bass response out of your new drivers too for a richer sound.

You can always go and buy a extra set of tweeters if your heart is really set on having 4 tweets.

The Rockford Punch components come with 4 tweets, but I don't like the looks of them. Which setup will sound better, the tweets in the doors, or the pillars? I can't decide which comps I want, I'm looking at the Alpine SPX-17REF or the Rockford T162S.

http://sonicelectronix.com/item_3141_Rockf...nch+P152S.html#

Yea, I dunno about them..

Most tweeters are 1 inch or a lil bigger, those are 2 3/4 inch aluminum cone tweeters.

Most aluminum/titanium cone tweeters are going to be bright, or harsh sounding, where they get really loud and over power the rest of the component.

I good sounding tweeter will be a silk dome, they wont be as loud to the ear, but they will have a richer sound.

I have no exp with those comps, but yea. They are different! Dont know in a good or bad way tho.

Its wierd to see that they can be ran as a coaxaxle with 1 or 2 tweeters, and have the pole piece removed for a seperate setup.

As for location, It is hard to say in a truck.

You mainly want to keep the tweeters within 18 or so inches from its driver to keep it all on axis. Having a tweet in your a-piller will change the sound so It will sound more eye level, the a -piller tweeter may also reflect off the window making it seem like it is playing louder too.

Your best bet would be to hold the new tweeter up high, and down low by the driver and see which you like better before installing the tweeter(s).

After all, you got to listen to it, not us :)

i have the punch 6.5" components.

they sound decent, the tweeters are a little bright, so i just dialed the highs on the eq in the h/u down and it helped

First Gen Xterra: Always changing

DNX 690HD

RF 360.3
RF T3002
RF T4004
RF T10001bd
Silver Flute 6.5"s
Tang Band 1" Tweeters
Sundown X18 in 7cubes net tuned to 32hz

Trust me .25 Blows your Load.

Archived