Sonic Electronix

i was looking for tint places and i stop at this place and my friend comes in i haven't seen since school and he starts talking about his system and he has a 12" mtx 9500 on some 1800 watt kenwood anp and his friend is like what do you have and i show him my DD 9515g on maybe 3000rms and hes like cool but it doesn't compare to his mtx and i was like RIGHT.. so i hear his and its a different loud, his mirror was aimed down and stuff but it didnt surprise me it was more just noise and he wanted to hear mine so i showed him and he said wow but not the kinda wow people normally say i dont think he thought mine was louder but do people always think theres is louder than everyone elses? if i know mine is not louder i wont say it is but why does he think his is louder? it sounded like his peaked really high, he was playing some song and when the lows hit, it didnt hit them like mine can.

If I were you I'd just be content knowing you know your system is loud. There will always be punks saying that they have a louder system - who knows who is right or not. But does it really matter ...

~Matthew

1998 Toyota Camry XLE V6 3L

(1) ScyTek Astra 4000RS-2W-1 2-Way Remote Start Alarm

with Shock and Proximity

(1) 20% Tint All Around (Gately Audio)

(1) 250 Amperage HO Alternator

(1) Big 3 Done In 1/0

(2) Kinetik HC2400 Power Cell

(1) Alpine IVA-D106 Receiver

(1) Peripheral Video Bypass Device

(4) Alpine SPS-17C2 Speakers

(1) Alpine KCE-422i iPod Control Interface

(4) Sheets Dynamat Extreme; for speakers

(1) 10 Square Feet Hushmat (Trunk & Rear Deck)

(4) DC Audio Level 4 15" D2 Subwoofer w/ Level 5 Coils

(1) Wall Built By David, Tuned to 32 Hz

(1) Rockford Fosgate T40001bd Amplifier

(1) Stinger 1/0 Wiring (2 runs of + 2 runs of -)

(1) Stinger Volt Meter

No not to me but its just weird where i live. no one has heard or the stuff we know like DD,DC and such so to them the mtx 9500 is god and it was funny when i went to listen to his the guy at the sub shop turned his gain and bass boost down because it was ALL the way up so I'm listing to it and hes like its quieter and his friend it like yea i know he turned it down and then turned them ALL the way back up i wanted to say something but i went to school with him and i know what happened if you try to tell him differently ----d(-.-)b----> in threw one out the other

get both on the meter. while his prolly peaks around 45 hertz or so your box is peaking at like 35 hertz.

all about the box and the response of it bro.

and the resonant frequency of your vehicle.

2006 F-150

4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg

yea i know it was just funny to me how his friend came out the car and was like you don't got nothing on this sub oooh but i keep quiet and let him talk his talk. not dissing the 9500 series but some people are just idiots

Guest aseanj52
No not to me but its just weird where i live. no one has heard or the stuff we know like DD,DC and such so to them the mtx 9500 is god and it was funny when i went to listen to his the guy at the sub shop turned his gain and bass boost down because it was ALL the way up so I'm listing to it and hes like its quieter and his friend it like yea i know he turned it down and then turned them ALL the way back up i wanted to say something but i went to school with him and i know what happened if you try to tell him differently ----d(-.-)b----> in threw one out the other

But you got a good point, to ALOT of people if it isn't JL, Rockford, MTX, Kicker, or Alpine. It isn't any good at all. Because that's all they have ever heard of. That's how a shop is down here, i was talking to him about DC subs and this is a direct quote from him "If i aint neva herd dem dey aint no good, i know everything der is to know".........i was like O_O......really now? He's like "yeah, i get paid to do all dis, i get paid to go to dem shows and i aint neva heard of no DC.".... :shok: ..... I didn't know what to say........

Edited by aseanj52

But you got a good point, to ALOT of people if it isn't JL, Rockford, MTX, Kicker, or Alpine. It isn't any good at all. Because that's all they have ever heard of. That's how a shop is down here, i was talking to him about DC subs and this is a direct quote from him "If i aint neva herd dem dey aint no good, i know everything der is to know".........i was like O_O......really now? He's like "yeah, i get paid to do all dis, i get paid to go to dem shows and i aint neva heard of no DC.".... :shok: ..... I didn't know what to say........

well you have to remember dc is a brand new company and not everyone makes it a goal to be ontop of every subwoofer company on the market.. :acute:

Edited by Bryan

MMM BASS OATS..ITS WHAT I HAVE FOR BREAKFAST

2 AudioQue HDC3 18'' subs

Rockford Fosgate T1 6.5 mids

MMATS 2000.05

XS Power D1200

Knukonceptz 1/0

Pioneer Premier DEH-P490iB

" Shit I can roll a blunt better than those bitches in Havana!"- Uncle Elroy

well my homie never heard of DC and he rocks Fosgate but i shut his mouth of today.

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

(1) XS Power D6500(UNDERHOOD) and (1) XS3000(REAR)

3 runs 1/0ga for power and 2 runs of 1/0ga for negative.

(2)-RFT165s components, ...... 4 separate 1 inch tweetersRF T600-2(fronts) Punch 450.4(rear)

Audiocontrol 3.1.

DC power 260amp alternator w/MLA Module