I Got Me A New Toy From Kinetik Today

I'm so happy today :D I just recieved my Power supply from Kinetik today.

I got a KIPS-12-80- eighty amp power supply.

I don't know what I'm going to do with it, I have just been wanting one for along time and things just worked out. :yahoo:

I want to use it to power a Kicker ZR1000 in stereo on my house speakers but the power supply seems to become noisey when I put a load on it.(I have tried 2 amps so far.)

So I either need to get it on a dedicated circuit or it might just make that noise. I don't know yet. :unknw:

Anyhow I am very happy with it. :yahoo:

Thank you to dude that got it for me. Thanks :good:

IMG_0907.jpg

IMG_0910.jpg

IMG_0912.jpg

IMG_0908.jpg

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

The Destruction of a person builds character.

Terryswork001.png

thats badass!

how much does that thing run?

never knew kinetik made those

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Nightshade 15s Wall Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

thats badass!

how much does that thing run?

never knew kinetik made those

I think close to $300.

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Terryswork001.png

I think the Kicker ZR360 works the best on the PS. ZR360,ZR1000,and RF Power T5002 have been used so far in stereo.

I think its supposed to make some noise as the PS has made noise with all 3 amps but the output on the amps has no noise at all, like its supposed to be.

I do need a battery in line with it and I will feel more comfortable.

I'm very happy with it.

Now if I could only figure out how to get some 10/2 down that wall with out tareing out part of the sophet I would be in great shape.

Terryswork001.png

Boy I feel like a dump ass.

I believe the niose is just the fan. LOL

Its alittle loud.

Edited by ISO

Terryswork001.png

Boy I feel like a dump ass.

I believe the niose is just the fan. LOL

Its alittle loud.

rofl... that sick though, thx for the heads up, imma get one of those for my dorm... loudest room on the floor DADDY! :D

CURRENTLY UNDER RE-CONSTRUCTION

2008 Hyundai Sonata

Team T3 Audio

Team Deadly Hertz

Team SMD (Street Motivated Devastation)

Chariot.gif

rofl... that sick though, thx for the heads up, imma get one of those for my dorm... loudest room on the floor DADDY! :D

Now that will be funny. :lol:

The main reason I wanted it is becuase I got tired of taking my vehicles apart to test different amps.

If you do use it in a dorm please read up on power consumption as this particular PS will pull alot of current from your resepticle.

A bare minimum of a dedicated 20 amp circuit is needed and I still highly recommend a 30 amp circuit.

This thing is actually more of a tool than a toy.

Terryswork001.png

Now that will be funny. :lol:

The main reason I wanted it is becuase I got tired of taking my vehicles apart to test different amps.

If you do use it in a dorm please read up on power consumption as this particular PS will pull alot of current from your resepticle.

A bare minimum of a dedicated 20 amp circuit is needed and I still highly recommend a 30 amp circuit.

This thing is actually more of a tool than a toy.

I wouldn't mind having one of those to build a 3 x 15" subwoofer my home theatre. It will only do 80 amps continuous? I guess you could buffer that with a couple batteries.

Does it have adjustable voltage output?

I wouldn't mind having one of those to build a 3 x 15" subwoofer my home theatre. It will only do 80 amps continuous? I guess you could buffer that with a couple batteries.

Does it have adjustable voltage output?

No adjustable voltage output.

Yes its supposed to do 80 amps at 13.6 volts.

Its computer controled output?

I need to check with Kinetik but the series before these could be paralleled. There is no info about that with these.

Instruction manual holds the key to answers.

http://www.kinetikaudio.com/manuals/khcsupplies.pdf

Terryswork001.png

I'm pretty close to 24 hours with this thing powered up and its running flawlessly.

Terryswork001.png