Video Challenge 1: Your System, My Song, New Improved Song

As the title states, I am holding a friendly competition among members to see who has the best video playing a track I created. This contest will be based on Poll voting so only the videos will be viewed, if you would PM me your video link by Thursday, July 17th so that voting can begin on Friday and end on Monday. You can post a video of any length as long as it's more than 15 seconds. You can download the song here:

I'VE DECIDED TO CHANGE THE SONG FILE, HERE IS YOUR NEW TEST FILE: This file is just steady beats and bass, and yes it's loud:

http://hosted.filefront.com/quakecitystudio/

:hairtrick:

There is a sweep file for those who really think I can't hang with the best!!! :hairtrick:

No edited versions of the song, as in chopped and screwed, slowed down or played backwards, this is to be a fair competition meaning that the version of the song will be the same in each video submitted.

Any questions please PM me.

Happy Bumpin... :hairtrick:

The old song will be back and improved for better sound.

Edited by quakecitystudio

Bass Music Producer • Photographer • Graphic Designer

--------------

Deep Sector Boom...

sorry but per audacity i have clasical music that hits harder.....

theres alot of sweeping i know but the only real peak is... there isnt one

basically ur peak is at 0db @ 28 or 35hz on plot spectrum.... jeezy would be around 20-25db so it wont do much if played....

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

x2 i agree that song doesn't hit that hard.

Need any thing chromed? Hit me up!!!

gamer tag: (360)

mEmEnToMoRi64

My Myspace

refs:

from here: RollinSoLow, Derrick824, Ray

from c.a.c.o. : teamsubgopoof, splvictim20, SundownAudioNY

from C.A.J. : Donpisto, spladdict19, CAJunkyard, JBLCAMRY, DasBot (robot underground)

from ca.com: alxmlr789,photocrazy8

SMDsigbannr9.jpg

2c27c692.jpg

basically ur peak is at 0db @ 28 or 35hz on plot spectrum.... jeezy would be around 20-25db so it wont do much if played....

I have to agree.

0db is QUIET!

You want around 20db for the bass level.

Not sure where Mine are recorded at, Let me look real quick.

only a few commercial rappers record above 24

unk, jeezy, gorilla, baby d, dj billy are a few that surpass 24 without clipping...most reside around 20

it explains alot about why some songs are so loud compared to others even though they are the same notes being played

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

im game, i just put it on my flash drive and will do a lil digital cam video tommrow lol... poor quality but oh well

Americas loudest work van2006 iasca heavyweight bassboxing champion at 150.4 db with 60second average TL8 memphis PR15s,12 memphis PR6.5's coax,4 memphis PR 1inch tweets

It is interesting that you say that because in Reason, I use compressors and maximizers in my songs and continue to further develop them to get the loudest clearest sound out of my mix. On a particular note, the Maximizer in Reason, has a non-clipping green window of -db(s) up to 0db and beyond that are red +db(s) in which the audio would be clipping. Those rap artists you've named do have more bass in the mix, than what would be desired. Why, because the average sound system has some form of higher bass volume than what was recorded. For example, Joe Blow goes to the studio, drops a track with lots of high volume bass, then sells it to a dude who has amps and woofers that put out way more sound than what was created in the studio, like 4 or 5 times more bass volume not to mention the higher gain on the amps. I'm sorry but I do not make music for a 6x9 to do a 12" woofer's job. Now I will go back and check my levels, but I'm going for overall sound quality not just bass and bass alone, because I'm sure we've all heard those beatup cars trying to play Three Six Mafia on 6.5" or 3" speakers, sounding like they are about to short out. I mean do you really think they use 10,000 watts in a studio as well as 8 15"s? No, because it's about the quality of the mix, not how loud a mix can be.

And on a side note Audacity's db meter, the square shaped windows with the blue line that you can switch from horizontal to vertical, goes up to 0 db.

Bass Music Producer • Photographer • Graphic Designer

--------------

Deep Sector Boom...