Second Skin Audio

10 w3 new box plans???

Saltine

alright, i have a 10w3v2 dual 4 ohm sub, i have a PG 900x5 amp also.

this is in my Isuzu reg cab right now daily driver on the stock alternator and an optima yellow top

anyway i jigsawed out a temp. box a while back b/c i was rushing and wanted some sound in my truck. since i have some time now, i want to build a better sealed box.

my current box is slightly bigger than 1/2 a cube sealed but without factoring in the sub displacement. so its kinda small, real small. my neighbor still thinks it hits hard for a 10 and always ask me if i put some 12"s in the truck

anyway, i still wanna go sealed for space issues. anyone have any specs of a tried and true box that pounds for this sub sealed. im trying to keep it behind the drivers seat, as the amp/2nd dvd/ipod adapter/satellite receiver is on the other side.

i'll get some specs i have to work with in a bit. but lemme here what you guys have

thanks

alright, built this a while back

box is a wedge of course

16.5" tall

17.75 across

5" top

8" bottom

i can make the bottom 8" a safe 10" but i need more angle for the top so i dont hit the seat.

i can also add 5" straight up

and i can add 2" across

i just dont know what the top would be since id have to angle the front more and that 5" would get smaller to make way for the seat

no this is just the lil daily driver cheapy system

and those deminsions i forgot to add

the box is built with 1/2" MDF and those measurments are outside, not the internal specs

if it matters any with a sealed box, i may 45 the insides with mdf and seal it that way

Archived