Second Skin Audio

Subs In A Convertible?

i saw in a thread on another forum that if you have a subwoofers in a convertible you will lose 85% of your sound with the top down..how true is that? and will it help if the subs is facing towards the cabin

My wife had a 99 323ic BMW Vert. We put in 3 Solo Baric L5 8" running them was an Autotek SX900x. It was pretty loud with the top down didnt really notice much of a difference with the top up it might have been a tad louder hard to say.

I pulled out the factory 8" sub it was behind the middle section of the back seat, there is a pull down so it looked like a huge square port with the arm rest down. I had the subs facing the cab and a false wall covering up the box with the amp mounted on the back of the false wall.

With the top down I could hear her driving up the drive way better then the top being up. :)

i no you loose alot percentage wise i would think that would be hard to tell tho just leave it at you loose quite a bit....but wouldnt it kinda be like when you have the subs ina trunk and when you open the trunk you loose alot of the sound too??? i no its not the same thing but kinda the same concept rite?

Vehicle-2014 Ford Fusion on 20" cruiser alloy obsessions
Subs-4 8" sundown audio E8v3

Sub Amp-Hifonics Brutus Elite 1200.1
box-2.8cubes after all dis tuned to 32hz 4" aero
Mids and highs-2 sets of Memphis PR 6.5 components

Mids amp-Hifonics Brutus Elite 800.4
Deck-Factory Integration
Wiring-Memphis
40sqft of damplifier Pro

http://www.youtube.c...14?feature=mhee

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

I had a mustang convertible and it totally sucked when the top was down, for bass. If the top was up it wasn't much better either, sound still escaped. I sold that thing because without a great sounding stereo, the car means nothing. I would only consider a convertible if it was a retractable hard top, then you would loose even more trunk space.

Alpine INA-W900

Rockford Fosgate Punch 200ix

Rockford Fosgate power T1500-1

Sundown SA-10 x2

Focal 6x8's front

Rockford Fosgate Power T1682 rear

Rockford Fosgate and Stinger Wiring

Powermaster D3400, S680

i saw in a thread on another forum that if you have a subwoofers in a convertible you will lose 85% of your sound with the top down..how true is that? and will it help if the subs is facing towards the cabin

idk i dont think i believe the percenttage wise of it lol

Im a scamming little cunt rag. i like penis, cum more penis, oh and did i mention penis.

i suck at life....

ive heard alot about this also, but the only ways ive heard it to work right is with a bandpass im guessin cause some are tuned higher or somethin like that, and on unique whips when they did that one convertible with the jbl gti 10's or 12's inverted in lil boxs on the back seats or were they were it shouldn't of sounded to bad but there more for show than go i guess, anyways good luck with what ur doin man

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

there's that thing called "CABIN GAIN".......guess what happens when you have no cabin?

funk-o-meter.gifteamBNSpl.jpgfunk-o-meter.gif

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((in stereo)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

team audio thugz uuUhhHhhHhh. straight ghanxstuh since 2007.