Sonic Electronix

Putting Subs In Boat Need Suggestions

How much room do you have to work with and where in the boat do you plan on putting them?

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

well its hard to get really good beat on a boat.

all open and shit

10's is what everybody normally does.

we have a 10" bazooka tube on the deck and a 10" sony(i know shut up) in the cabin, and it sounds damn good for what it is, we kill everybody else's radios out on the water

First Gen Xterra: Always changing

DNX 690HD

RF 360.3
RF T3002
RF T4004
RF T10001bd
Silver Flute 6.5"s
Tang Band 1" Tweeters
Sundown X18 in 7cubes net tuned to 32hz

Trust me .25 Blows your Load.

some 12" kicker comps [cheap to replace if they go bad] with some O2 components. you could get a noise pollution ticket in your boat. I honestly dont know but you may need marine grade subs due to water damage and corrosion. what volts does a boat run at? is it 12 volts?

Current Setup:

Factory HU with LOC

mids/highs-Insignia components

Sub- E8 in bass tube

Amp- sae-1200d

Show Setup:

HU-Sony MEX-1HD (brings massive respect for sony)

fronts - Infinity Kappa perfect comps

rears- Infinity Kappa coax

mid/high amp - Autotek 5600

Subs - 2 RE SE 15's

Sub Amps - 2xSAE-1200D

Box - 5cubes sealed

Wire- Lots of Knu 1/0

SECOND SKIN

4 15's across the back will get it for sure ;)

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

it would be sick to fiberglass them into the bow[sp?] and have them pushing the water. i wonder what it would sound like underwater?

Current Setup:

Factory HU with LOC

mids/highs-Insignia components

Sub- E8 in bass tube

Amp- sae-1200d

Show Setup:

HU-Sony MEX-1HD (brings massive respect for sony)

fronts - Infinity Kappa perfect comps

rears- Infinity Kappa coax

mid/high amp - Autotek 5600

Subs - 2 RE SE 15's

Sub Amps - 2xSAE-1200D

Box - 5cubes sealed

Wire- Lots of Knu 1/0

SECOND SKIN

I do not have a lot of room to play with! I would like to get a couple of 12" in it if i can. I do how ever at this point have 4- Bazooka Tubes on the tower but they are not cutting it. I need to get some "slump" on the inside. OH Ya it is running 12 volt! (someone asked). I will throw up some pics when it is getting the install as well as when it is done! Are the kicker comps the "square" type speaker? That is what the local shop was pushing on me to install!

TINK TINK TINK........ I LIKE TO DRINK