Second Skin Audio

Port Question

with 1 run of 1/0 and 2 bats 1 under the hood and one inthe trunk

any videos?

TeamSundown-3.jpgTeamNemesislogo.jpg

If you build it, db's will come...

NSPL World Record Holder Trunk 0-1800 watts---147.9 with 1722 clamped watts @ 40Hz(9-20-09).

Competition Only Record Holder Trunk 0-500 watts---148.1

2006 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE

Currently Rebuilding....

My 150db Plus Trunk Build

I do box designs.

[benH] 6:24 pm: clipping doesn't really hurt subs

[benH] 6:24 pm: being an idiot is what blows subs

my horrible camera makes it sound like ass, it sounds real clean in person

th_PA090004.jpg

th_100_1791.jpg

That first song is the same one I bass race with. I take it his car peaks some where 42 Hz too. I can bass race a 143 with 1500 watts.

NSPL World Record Holder Trunk 0-1800 watts---147.9 with 1722 clamped watts @ 40Hz(9-20-09).

Currently Rebuilding....

I do box designs.

Yup, thats about where mine is tuned, the car love it low...

Currently Rebuilding....

I do box designs.

ive tried everything but sub up port forward in the grand am.... loudest by ear is definately sub back port back... by far

theres a very slight spl advantage sub forward port forward but that is only worth it if u seal off the trunk from the rest of the car... thus eliminating alot of air in the cabin... so higher spl

id imagine sealing it up would again gain a bit morein my setup.... but it doesnt sound very good, completly loses 40hz and below in my car when i flip it around

so in my 03 grand am, subs back port back is the best so long as i dont exceed ~4cuft cause then there's not enough room for the air to escape

im about to remeter the car with rear 6.5's removed so hopefully that helps a we bit

o and im well over the 143.9 since i installed extra battery and reset gains so im guessing 145.x on ~1350w subs back port back

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

ive tried everything but sub up port forward in the grand am.... loudest by ear is definately sub back port back... by far

theres a very slight spl advantage sub forward port forward but that is only worth it if u seal off the trunk from the rest of the car... thus eliminating alot of air in the cabin... so higher spl

id imagine sealing it up would again gain a bit morein my setup.... but it doesnt sound very good, completly loses 40hz and below in my car when i flip it around

so in my 03 grand am, subs back port back is the best so long as i dont exceed ~4cuft cause then there's not enough room for the air to escape

im about to remeter the car with rear 6.5's removed so hopefully that helps a we bit

o and im well over the 143.9 since i installed extra battery and reset gains so im guessing 145.x on ~1350w subs back port back

I have been wondering if I went to 12's would I be louder, for the same reason you said. with 15's my box takes up the entire trunk and when i did have the subs pointed back there was almost NO air flow into the cabin. I did have subs and two ports pointed forward, that got me a best of 144 db but that was have of the port area the two 15's needed. so subs up and four ports forward got me a 146.5... and counting... not to bad for a 1500 watt amp.

Edited by banginAltima

Currently Rebuilding....

I do box designs.