Second Skin Audio

Loose Suspension On My 18 Bl's?

As some of you might have been reading my prior posts, I have been building a 2 18" Fi BL setup, and yesterday, was the first time my new BL's saw power, as my amp came in. I have noticed something even before the speakers saw there very first WATT of power. If you gently push the cone in on the speakers, 1 has a slightly stiffer feel, and the other feels slightly looser. I have about 30 minutes of music time on them now, between playing some real low notes, and normal listen levels, the speakers feel the same still, 1 loose, 1 stiffer (or in other words "LESS" loose) They sound fine to me, plays loud and clean......... I have emailed Fi, and am awaiting a response from them, and my local stereo shop seems to think that after about 10-20 hours of "breakin time" the suspensions will even out, but this is just bothering the hell out of me, and am looking for a solid answer (if possible). Many thanks,

I love my staffie :good:

So anti FACEBOOK it isn't even funny

Just play them on easy mode for awhile allow proper break in time.

If its working and sounding good I wouldnt be overly concered with it, Just go easy on them and once they break in then beat um up good!

fuck easy mode

easy mode means more break in time...slam on them like you normally would it will deal with itself, i wouldnt worry about it at all.

fuck easy mode

easy mode means more break in time...slam on them like you normally would it will deal with itself, i wouldnt worry about it at all.

x2

H/U Pioneer deh80prs w/ HRT iStreamer Ipod DAC
Front stage is active, 4 Morel Elate 6.5" & 8 CDT DRT26 tweets
amp running 4mids, Mosconi Audio 300.2
amp running 8tit & alum tweets, Mosconi Audio 200.2
8 12" Ascendant Audio Chaos. amps 2 Digital Designs M4'z
box is a 4th order band pass
batts. 1 XS Power D3400 under hood,6 D3100 in back
2 XP 370 amp DC Power alts.
MLA module 15+volts
All in a 97 2door Tahoe LT

2010 West Coast Reg. 140-149.9 Bass Race Champ

Team Bass Hz

OK, little update................ Let me ask this question: if you put your hands on the cone of your subs (Say an 18" BL like mine that has 40minutes of SLAM TIME) and gently apply "LITTLE" force down, does your cone move easily? Both of mine feel about the same now, but would think a speaker of this size, and motor would take a little "MORE" force to move the cone assembly. Scott from Fi said in my reply email to keep this email he sent, for if ANY issues accure down the road, we'll recone/replace it for free..... I just dont understand when people say "the speaker is 6months old and still has a STIFF SUSPENSION" Is how I described my BL's still a "STIFF" suspension? Do my subs seem alright to you guys, and I just need to shut the fu*k up now, or should I take Fi's offer and send them in? Please keep in mind these subs only have ~40 minutes of play time....... THank you all!

Edited by newls1

My Bl's are pretty loose right now. But I slam the fu ck out of them

Is thAt normal? My prior speakers that i was using (mmats P2.5 12"s) feel the same since day 1, and i've been using them for 2 years now! I guess I could say, my speakers aren't loose as fu*k, but rather not as stiff as I thought they should be.....