yep..white means it was running lean.

The issue though, is that the place that tuned his carb, probably set the carb based on his plug temp and gap. Just by eyeballing that, usually gives a good carb tuner an understanding of how much to adjust the carb. So now that he put hotter plugs in, he's probably running lean again..lol

Tell him to dump them plugs and get the same type that was just removed.

Kev

oh boy... more plugs... he's gonna cry... he's trying to make a dollar out of a dime... and ain't even got 1 penny.. :)

but u gotta do what u gotta do...

• 10 months later...

Hey Kev? i may be buying a new used truck today, you got PM B)

thanks, jeff

damn, you were on this morning, but i missed you.... keep your ears on i may be giving you a call on my test drive!

Barretto MotorsportsTeam RFCTeam CHMTeam SMD "Blow Sand"Live Your Life Without Boundaries... http://www.jeffbarretto.acnrep.com/d_oppor...A=US_EN&BW=

Burrito you know we will want picks of said truck being driven

oh hell yeah bro, im abouts to leave so bring this to str86diesels attn. when you see him...

thanks, burrito B)

Barretto MotorsportsTeam RFCTeam CHMTeam SMD "Blow Sand"Live Your Life Without Boundaries... http://www.jeffbarretto.acnrep.com/d_oppor...A=US_EN&BW=

So that everyone can read and be up to date...Burrito's looking at a 2001 Duramax..so here's what I pm'd him for informatino on it.

hey bro..I'm not gonna talk you out of anything. You have got to buy 1) what you and your family like and 2) what you can afford.

I will say that I have always been a huge fan of the way that Chevy's drive and look. However, I will only purchase one of their motors witha gas motor, not a diesel. The Duramax diesel is made by Isuzu and in the 1st and 2nd gen (including 2001) of the motor there were a lot of problems. Specifically around the heads and fueling. Being that Isuzu made the motor out of aluminum to save weight...not thinking about how hot dieels burn. So they got a bad reputation.

If you check out http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/ you can take a peak at both complaints that have been filed and recall notices that chevy has issues for the motor. If you decide to get it, make sure the dealer proves to you that all recalls have been done.

I'm surprised the Dodge's are going for so much in your area. I was just looking at a 2004 with a friend, fully loaded (except leather) and it was only going for 21k (with 12k miles on it)

2k6 Dodge Ram 2500...CUMMINS POWERED - SOLD

i luv the way chevys ride also, and my wife fell in love with this 1. :blink: i dont know i may be getting like a '01 cummins xcab who knows... i really need reliable power and comfort. my last 2 trucks were dodges so i know im happy with the ride. im gonna go drive this chevy and ask them for recall proof...

Burrito...quick thought too.

Before you dive into a non dodge diesel..here is a couple of items to research.

1) Emissions..how strick are they there? I have to do a dyno pull ($75) and prove my opacity rating before i can get my tags.

2) How much are fuel, air and oil filters? I pay like $10 for fuel filters which have to be swapped out every 7500 miles, where as the ford filters are like $60 locally and have to be swapped out like every 10-15k (this stuff adds up quick on the cost of owning a diesel)

3) price of fuel? at 1/4 tank..i pay about $75 to fill up my truck every 1.5 weeks....

In general you might find, especially in CA that owning a diesel might not be as cost effective as a bigger gasser motor...just some thoughts.

2k6 Dodge Ram 2500...CUMMINS POWERED - SOLD