Danny's System

Hello everyone. My name is Danny Craig and I live in Sumter South Carolina. Here are some pics of my system that is in 2007 Kia Sportage. The system consists of 2 American Bass XD 12" DVC 4 ohm subwoofers in a Compound Loading Bass Reflex Enclosure powered by an American Bass VFL-100.1 Amplifier running 1 ohm 1500 watts. The best I have done so far is 148.2 in the passenger kickpanel. I would like to get 150 + Db in the floor. Does anybody have any suggestions?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Team FX Danny

TeamSundown-3.jpg

maybe another amp will get u there and lots of insulation fatmat,hushmat,etc etc

We definitely plan on doing some sound deadening. On the Term Lab Meter, it only shows only three bars as far as interior rattles. Outside is a different story. The roof flexes like crazy, the rear cargo door and window looks like it is going to come off the hinges. This system sounds a hell of a lot louder than it actually is. People think that I have 15's or 18's back there and several thousand watts back there. I tell them I don't but they don't believe me until I open the cargo door and their jaw just drops. The enclosure was designed by an acoustic engineer built specifically for my suv.

TeamSundown-3.jpg

damplifier pro is good stuff. try the sound deadener first and see what kind of results you get before you invest in a new amp. but then again who can resist adding more power. speaking of power what does your electrical consist of?

I am running 0 gauge power cable from the battery from under the hood all the way to my yellow top in the rear cargo area. I still have a stock alternator.

TeamSundown-3.jpg

Tried flipping the box up?

Also don't mount your amp on the box, the vibration will kill it - the VFL amps (well any of the same design which is pretty much any big Zenon) are very prone to death from vibration.

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

Archived