Decided To Go Sq, Help Building It?

skynoverya550

so i have a a 20082500hd crew cab. wanting to build a nice sq system. so far what i have is.

H/U- eclipse avn-5435 ( got for 300.00 in perfect condition )

Front stage- 300-400 budget

Rear stage- 300-400 budget

Subs- 2 2" idq v3's d2's (should i go d4 or d2? kinda confused)

High amp- 500.00 budget

Sub amp/s- 500.00 (1 big amp? or 2 small ones?)

thats where im at right now, as you can see im still deciding what components to buy, high and sub amp/s as well. looking for suggestions in my buget.

Also do i need a EQ or a center channel? also i didnt know if it would be worth getting kick panels for additional speakers? im a beginner when it comes to a sq build. just want something nice, i could bump up my budgets a little. just didnt want to go crazy.

any suggestions!

thanks in advance.

dont know how much power u need for ur subs but an audison srx 5.1 would be an awesome SQ amp... along with some hi energy 6.5 components

J. Jsig_253411.jpgMy CardomainFINISHED COBALT SS/SC DUAL ALTERNATOR PICS icon_nuts.gif

theres no such thing as too expensive when it comes to upgrades like that, because imo if you are gonna spend to upgrade then do it correctly rather then be a cheap ass ricer

dont know how much power u need for ur subs but an audison srx 5.1 would be an awesome SQ amp... along with some hi energy 6.5 components

strongly agreed!!! I am running hi energy 5 1/4" comps up front in the kick panels and nothing in the rear, and they are awesome. The audison amps are phenominal. I am running an audison amp for my subs and they are soooo accurate. electromedia, who builds hertz and audison, were designed to be very efficient and very accurate with their sound reproduction. I strongly agree, and don't think you can get better for your budget.

Loud as f*ck, and sounds good doing it.

Team built from here on out!!!!

BIG things to come.........

Missing link is the shite!!!

SMDMafiaEagleScorpio1.jpg

bannerfans_8aed9634.png

strongly agreed!!! I am running hi energy 5 1/4" comps up front in the kick panels and nothing in the rear, and they are awesome. The audison amps are phenominal. I am running an audison amp for my subs and they are soooo accurate. electromedia, who builds hertz and audison, were designed to be very efficient and very accurate with their sound reproduction. I strongly agree, and don't think you can get better for your budget.

ok i decided on my front n rear stage. HSK165's... now i just need a amp! /\/\ above you mentioned a srx 5.1 why go 5 channel?

price... mainly. to bump it up to 2 individual amps and get more power is going to cost alot more. if u can get 2 ohms the sub channel is what 300w and 55x4 should be enough for the mids

J. Jsig_253411.jpgMy CardomainFINISHED COBALT SS/SC DUAL ALTERNATOR PICS icon_nuts.gif

theres no such thing as too expensive when it comes to upgrades like that, because imo if you are gonna spend to upgrade then do it correctly rather then be a cheap ass ricer

price... mainly. to bump it up to 2 individual amps and get more power is going to cost alot more. if u can get 2 ohms the sub channel is what 300w and 55x4 should be enough for the mids

id rather have a amp for highs and a amp for subs... i can get a audison lrx 300.4 for 350.00 from a buddy in pristine cond. would that power my highs? i dont want to underpower anything id rather have some head room.

as far as the subs i picked 2- IDQ12" v.3, now they have a a dual 2ohm and a dual 4ohm, could you please explain the differance? wouldnt 2 2ohm subs break it down to 1ohm? and run if the amp was stable at 1ohm? please correct me if im wrong. i have a lack of knowledge when it comes to ohms. :unknw:

2 dual 2 subs can be wired at .5, 2 or 8 ohms

2 dual 4 subs can be wired at 1, and 4

http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/rftech/woofer_wizard.asp

2v27cjs.png

Jeffrey Ribeiro

Co-Founder

Gold Leaf Consultants

E: [email protected]

www.GoldLeafConsultants.com

CA refs: abdulwq, jordyo,sgdenny,shinju, bannok

SMD refs: Assman, zfrerichs, shinju, Loganberry

CCA refs: jordyo, SR SQ, nothing13, Mat-Romain, JohnnyRock1588, Brandon, KingRukus, SPDDMON, BlitzSix

CA feedback thread

http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.p...384#post5068384

Archived