Beginner Spl Parts

Wait, wait.

You're asking about beginner SPL here, and about 2x18BTL's in the other thread... these are 2 TOTALLY different things. BTLs are NOT 'beginner' subs. If you put them in the wrong box, or power them wrong, or do any of about 100 other little things wrong, they will blow the fcuk up!

Start off with a 12" sub or 2 in a nice ported box with like 1000wrms. Learn what works and what doesn't. Learn what kills your gear, what doesn't, and why it happens.

You simply CANNOT just go out and get 2 BTL 18's when you're a totally new to the game.

Powered By Hate is a little different, he's crazy.

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

The cheapest and best (that I know of) would be some Kicker Crv 15's and a Sundown 1500. A yellow top or two... some 1/0 wire. depending on your vehicle, any where from a 144 to a 148 db's on a termlab. Granted... all this along with a good box, some aero ports and a lot of testing.

TeamSundown-3.jpgTeamNemesislogo.jpg

If you build it, db's will come...

NSPL World Record Holder Trunk 0-1800 watts---147.9 with 1722 clamped watts @ 40Hz(9-20-09).

Competition Only Record Holder Trunk 0-500 watts---148.1

2006 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE

Currently Rebuilding....

My 150db Plus Trunk Build

I do box designs.

[benH] 6:24 pm: clipping doesn't really hurt subs

[benH] 6:24 pm: being an idiot is what blows subs

Guest Powered By Hate
Powered By Hate is a little different, he's crazy.

I'm not crazy. I just dont give a fuck. Its just a big experiment as far as I'm concerned..

A decentish 10" woofer (nothing spectacular just something reliable you can test with)

An amp that makes 1000w or so (Doesn't need to be lots at this stage)

A good battery and cables for amp (Doesn't need to be crazy because the system won't be crazy yet)

Battery charger to keep battery topped up and multimeter to monitor voltage during runs

Termlab + Laptop + Pen and paper to record scores and specs

Wood for lots and lots and lots and lots of boxes. You must build lots and lots of boxes and spend hours and hours testing to learn the ropes. You will not get loud without building lots of boxes!! The small system is a good way to learn the basics to use on big systems later. You should gain at least 5dB from your first box to your final box.

You don't need the best gear in the world to get loudish and learn what works. I did my fun with a $60 pawnbroker sub and 1990s 25w Soundstream amp. The box I spent sooo long working on!

36CFDEF1-F93D-4FA3-9934-64EE2EC94080-2856-0000071FCFA47672.png.ebe82e417eabc5f239a4adf293b099f9.png

Previous 150+ daily rides:

Volvo 240 wagon 2 x DD Audio 9915s walled, Isuzu Trooper 6 x DD Audio 3515s walled clamshell, Lexus LX470  2 x Kicked Solo X 18s, Lexus LS400 4  x American Bass HD18 walled

SMD - System of The Month August 2008

My Youtube Videos

You don't need the best gear in the world to get loudish and learn what works. I did my fun with a $60 pawnbroker sub and 1990s 25w Soundstream amp. The box I spent sooo long working on!

That's cos pawnbrokers don't know what DD is and 90's Soundstream amps rated at 25w actually made like 600 :lol:

Heh, in all seriousness though, Charger's post is totally right. Best way to get into SPL :)

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

to get into spl you will need the following items.

1. termlab

2. place to test

3. some decent equipment

4. tons of wood and building materials

5. a shop to build stuff at

6. a good dmm

7. high amperage battery charger

then all you do is try everything

Edited by psturmer

Ford Explorer 2000

4 12'' Type R's under window line

Legal: 155+ dB