Sonic Electronix

You can try a Bandpass box. Mine gets nasty with the dbl kick.

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

oh well i ahve a jensen 9512, its preamps blow that may be most of my problem then, so ill look into a epicenter or somthing. and the box is tuned a lil wrong, but its happened in more than one box/woofer combo..

Is it midbass you are after? I have a 9312 and also an Alpine deck and the Jensen deck has no real power to it at all. It needs an external amp and eq. Now the Alpine deck running the same speakers has more internal power and cleaner signal, just not as many features as the 9312.

Seems to me you would need an external eq and some good midbass speakers.

PTCary

2003 SMD PT Cruiser

2011 Honda CBR 250R

2010 Mazda 3i Sport

MY BUILD LOG

Epicenter won't likely help.

It makes "more" low end bass than is present in the recorded material, which is more taxing on a woofers suspension and performance, so while an epicenter or epic indash unit WILL make it louder and LOWER it will NOT make it "cleaner"...if anything it will have the opposite effect.

For "better" SQ, move from ported to a sealed enclosure, downgrade on power-use...select a more efficient woofer as jack mentioned but with that keep in mind you won't need a mega-watt to run it...although HEADROOM (having more power on tap than you need-or running your amp at a higher impedence-like 4 ohm vs. 1ohm or 2ohm-should produce cleaner signal and better SQ).

I run 4-12's sealed and they have excellent SQ but I can sure "loud and dirty' em up with my epic 160 and most folks say they hit like 15's that way.

took the words rigt out of my mouth

I also say, that box design will also effect the sound/output

if your looking for Tight bass with reall good kick drum, you have a few options in IMO

you could run a sealed enclosure

you could run a ported enclosure tuned alittle higher say 38- to 42 hz

a nicely designed bandpass, they are very effeciant depending on how they are tuned they can be a pain in the ass too

by designing for a real tight kick drum your gonna lose the bottom end, ( the super lows will not exist )

Is it midbass you are after? I have a 9312 and also an Alpine deck and the Jensen deck has no real power to it at all. It needs an external amp and eq. Now the Alpine deck running the same speakers has more internal power and cleaner signal, just not as many features as the 9312.

Seems to me you would need an external eq and some good midbass speakers.

That's my vote! Keep whatever sub setup you have now but get some very efficient mids and put in your doors or kick pannels- sealed of course. They need not be super high wattage woofers either. I would vote for low wattage, low mass on the cone, and power them with an amp rated at or above their RMS to get the "headroom" as stated before. That would give you a cleaner sound.

EQs are always good too. I have a 15 band eq on my highs and one on the subs. I used it at first just because I had an extra one and it is also a line driver- but I found that you can really tweak the sound of your subs and get a punchier sound without loosing your uber low end if you take the time with the eq.

12 - 12"s in the STAY PUFT 1989 Chevy Astro

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

Chevy Trailblazer 5.1 Dolby Digital DTS Install

You have a beard of a mysterious sea captain. I would follow you to hell and back.