what in the hell could be the problem??

I installed my MTX 7500 15 dual voice coil sub. and other mtx 7801... i only had one amp hooked up (only 1 was running about 500 watts to the sub..the other just waiting for the other sub) so i had the both of them in there and my mtx thunder 302 2 channel amp.. they were just connected to the headunit's remote wire.. no relay or anything.. i went down the road in my neighborhood and was testing it out.. first the front speakers kept making a snapping noise then the back speakers.. which are hooked up to the 2 channel amp kept cutting out when the bass hit. then everything just shut off. headunit speakers amps..everything.. car ran fine.. what in the fuck could be the damn problem? i am pissed as fuck right now. i need help!! i think my damn headunit is blown, but why did the speakers keep cutting out when the bass hit?  PLEASE REPLY!!!

18's in a wall to come....Its not all about the posts....check the member #...

nope. its not the battery. im adding another soon anyway. either a kinetik or a redtop.. ill do the redtop as the starter battery and move my yellowtop to the back of the car, but as i said my headunit will not turn back on at all.. it has to be bad, car starts fine so its not the battery but i will need to get an extra battery for the trunk to get some better current and such. will be buying soon.

18's in a wall to come....Its not all about the posts....check the member #...

nope. its not the battery. im adding another soon anyway. either a kinetik or a redtop.. ill do the redtop as the starter battery and move my yellowtop to the back of the car, but as i said my headunit will not turn back on at all.. it has to be bad, car starts fine so its not the battery but i will need to get an extra battery for the trunk to get some better current and such. will be buying soon.

I have said before that turning on one amp with your H/U is fine. But the minute you upgrade to 2 or more amps...I strongly recommend a relay. I am guessing that the turn-on circuit in your H/U is blown because keeping the amps on was too much of a current draw.

Iam with Dale on that one. Bypass the remote, hook it up to ignition, then use a relay, if that doesnt work, THEN its the deck tweekin out.

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

do you have info on what kind of relay to add to turn on 2 amps?? i am ordering a PPI a200.2 amp tomorrow and wanna know how to use a relay to turn 2 amps on properly

the relay will look like this and it will come with very simple instructions and a 30 amp relay will do all you will need is a few female quick connects ends as shown in the pic and a few feet of some 16-12ga wire for larger amps i would use a bigger ga wiref_25446042i_ce83m_434b33ad.jpg

Where is the relay in the fuse box?

there isnt any. theres fuses in there though. you have to go out and buy a relay.

nah.. it WAS playing music.. then EVERYTHING shut off after a little bit.. i really think its the headunit b/c it wont turn  on anymore... so im getting a new one very soon.

check the fuse on the back of the head unit, and the one if your fuse box.
duck.jpgSMDsigbannr9.jpg