THE BIG 3 SUCKS?

ok, to start off, i have a fiberglass wall of 4 12inch mofos powered by a pa a3000db.  I have a total of 3 batteries in my car and i still have problems running a 2000 rms amp.  my voltage drops to 11- 10 volts during heavy bass.  I decided to upgrade my big 3 and suprisingly, im thinkin about removing it now.  My bass is not as loud as it was before.  i dont know what the hell is up.  Im probably going to buy an alternator but if you guys have any suggestions what i could do, that would be helpful.

Edit: First i would like to know why the big 3 sucked. 

Also, is it a problem i have different types of batteries

is it a problem i have 2 runs of 4 gauge from front of car to back.( do i need bigger)

DD M4

Rockford Fosgate P500-4

SoundQubed HDC415 w carbon fiber cap

2 Rockford Fosagate T1675-S

XS Power D3400 Under Hood

XS Power D5100 in rear

Michael Singer 200A Alt

Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/153901-2012-veloster-update-842013-wall-build-4-15s/

i use all 1/0 gauge wire when i do the big 3.. i also have 2 runs of 1/0 from the alternator to the battery... the big 3 does NOT suck at all.. make sure you solder the wires too instead of crimping them.. it gives a much better contact and better current. check all your grounds as well and make sure you sanded the paint off of them completely ... this should help you out. a new alternator will definitely help you. what kind of vehicle do you have all this in?

18's in a wall to come....Its not all about the posts....check the member #...

With 4gauge im not sure if you would have noticed much help.

Think about it this way man... If you were really thirsty and you wanted as much water as possible would you get a normal straw to drink out of or a thicker one? Thicker one :excl: Same thing with the big 3...Use 1/0 or bigger.

Sorry about my retarted example. ;D

Think about it this way man... If you were really thirsty and you wanted as much water as possible would you get a normal straw to drink out of or a thicker one? Thicker one :excl: Same thing with the big 3...Use 1/0 or bigger.

That's actually a good example bro, just like a hose, you kink it and current goes slow, slow is resistance, let go the kink, and it flows perfectly.

Guest MegaloManiac

you would need 4 runs 4awg to make it equivalent to awg. You havent done the Big 3 since you used such small wire...lol

0 awg is the way to go man. also just a side note, if its still a problem then get a bigger alty for sure. obviously your stock alty cant keep up even with 3 batteries...also make sure the 3 batteries are linked up using 0awg as well..

Guest MegaloManiac

Allow me to rephrase that.

I'd like to use a slurpee example. When drinking a slurpee you drink it with a fairly thick straw, now imagine drinking the same slurpee with a coffee straw(really thin and narrow) its pretty hard to drink through it little to none coming through. now upgrading that straw to a wider opening(0awg) will allow more of a flow of fluid(aka energy). bigger "straw" makes a diference nuff said

Im sorry.  Youve all misunderstood me.  i did the big 3 in  1/0 wire.  It is huge wire.  the 2 4 gauges are the wire going to my batteries in my trunk.  i think im just goin to run some 4/0 wire to my trunk and get a new alternator.

That should solve my problem. 

DD M4

Rockford Fosgate P500-4

XS Power D5100 in rear

Michael Singer 200A Alt

Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/153901-2012-veloster-update-842013-wall-build-4-15s/

Is it not flexible or somethin?

DD M4

Rockford Fosgate P500-4

XS Power D5100 in rear

Michael Singer 200A Alt