Need help with box for 6 L7 12's

Ok guys, I'm building a box in my brothers 2002 Extended cab Silverado.  He wants to go for SPL but is undecided about a wall.  I built 1 box already for this system with 1.3 cu.ft. per sub & it sounded ok.  We are not looking for ok.  We are looking for Big Ginormous Gorilla Beat!!!  He would prefer to go sealed and keep the box even with the back glass but if ported is gonna be the shasta mcnasty noise, he will wall it up.  The amps we are using are 3 rockford T10001BD's.  We have dual alternators and extra optima yellow top battery.  We have 0 gauge coming off of each battery under the hood for plenty of power.  Could someone give me the best sealed airspace per sub & the best ported airspace per sub?  I guess specs for a box for a single L7 12 would be sufficient and I can build 6 of them.  Thanks for the help.  post reply or hit me on the email  [email protected]

dj2q.jpg

Jared Nixon  A.K.A. Jsmoke

My Car Stereo Website: 3rd Coast Customs

My Fishing Website: BigLake411.com

Add me as a friend: Myspace

Download: Check out my Audio Calculations Spreadsheet (Microsoft Excel)

ATTENTION ALL SMD MEMBERS: Do not under any circumstance buy anything from Chassistech! They do not stand behind their products & their customer service is horrible. They do not actually manufacture lowering springs, they drop ship them from Spring Tech. Chasistech.com also does business as Airbagit.com, Streetridepro.com & Truckinsuspension.com. They are all the same company! Do not trust these bastards! Their products are cheap & more often than not, you don't get what you actually order in the first place! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

well like i said we did 6 sealed and it was ok, but we want massive!  i have 4 T1 12's on a T30001BD and it beats!

dj2q.jpg

ATTENTION ALL SMD MEMBERS: Do not under any circumstance buy anything from Chassistech! They do not stand behind their products & their customer service is horrible. They do not actually manufacture lowering springs, they drop ship them from Spring Tech. Chasistech.com also does business as Airbagit.com, Streetridepro.com & Truckinsuspension.com. They are all the same company! Do not trust these bastards! Their products are cheap & more often than not, you don't get what you actually order in the first place! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

i've got term pro, but the port dimensions seem to be way too shallow?  i just wanna avoid spending another $150 on material on a sub par box.

dj2q.jpg

yeah, i wouldnt go sealed either.

DD M4

Rockford Fosgate P500-4

SoundQubed HDC415 w carbon fiber cap

2 Rockford Fosagate T1675-S

XS Power D3400 Under Hood

XS Power D5100 in rear

Michael Singer 200A Alt

Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/153901-2012-veloster-update-842013-wall-build-4-15s/

so wall it with 4?

dj2q.jpg

so wall it with 4?

Personally, i would wall it.  i have a wall with 4 cheap cheap 12's(mofos) and a measley 2000 rms with voltage problems and i still have plenty of flex.  It bangs!!

DD M4

Rockford Fosgate P500-4

SoundQubed HDC415 w carbon fiber cap

2 Rockford Fosagate T1675-S

XS Power D3400 Under Hood

XS Power D5100 in rear

Michael Singer 200A Alt

Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/153901-2012-veloster-update-842013-wall-build-4-15s/

Theres about 3 ways I would do that system. Using ALL 6

1) Sealed walls do sound good, Ive heard some nice walls sealed off, that pound great.

2) 3 seperate enclosures, 2- 12"s verticle, and port faceing up firing towards roof closest to the back wall

3) ported wall

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.