there is a car audio school in toronto, but i cannot for the life of me remember what the hell its called. im sure someone else here knows. just saying its closer to you =)

i like the 97-99 eclipse's more, just dont paint it lime green!

1992 cavalier build

1992 blazer s10

kenwood cd

hifonics hfi2500d

6 soon to be 12 12" hifonics hfi12d4's

shit ton-o-wire

Blurred Vision Audio

Team SMD

feedback/refs. clicky!-

there is a car audio school in toronto, but i cannot for the life of me remember what the hell its called. im sure someone else here knows. just saying its closer to you =)

i like the 97-99 eclipse's more, just dont paint it lime green!

Would much rather go to florida, summer all year round. Niiiiiice. That and I hate the economy here in michigan.

Truthfully what are you looking to do after you get done with the school? install? manage a shop?

I work for Duke's Car Stereo which is one of the bigger shops in michigan, and I do everyday installs to mildy crazy shit. I've learned more hands on knowledge there working with guys that have been in the industry for 15+ years than any car audio school would teach me. I know of two people that graduated from Mobile Dynamics and they couldn't even cut it at circuit city... so there twelve grand mobile electronics education is helping them alot as the one works at a parts counter for a dealership and the other is a manager at taco bell. These two stil call and ask me car audio questions, and the only training I've ever had is Snake Pit on the Road which is like a four hour course on remote starts and security that we do every year. I will be taking a select products class in ohio in a month or so though.

I guess what I'm trying to say is try getting a job at a shop or at a big box store... you'll learn a whole lot more hands on. Most kids come out of mobile electronics schools thinking they are on a higher level. I've saw two get fired from the shop I'm at now and two more get shit canned from circuit city. I'm sorry I just think there is alot better things to spend money on.

Edited by Shyne151

-Installer for Duke's Car Stereo

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix - Ported Eaton M90 S/C, 3.5" pulley, XS Power Headers, 1.9 Rockers, FWI, Poly Motor Mounts, Custom Tune.

RF T1000-1bdCP and T400-4

Boston Acoustics SPG 555

Kenwood eXcelon 995

RF Punch 6.5" components and MB Quart Premium 6x9"s

Powermaster Alternator, YellowTop D34, Vmax CT1000

Truthfully what are you looking to do after you get done with the school? install? manage a shop?

I work for Duke's Car Stereo which is one of the bigger shops in michigan, and I do everyday installs to mildy crazy shit. I've learned more hands on knowledge there working with guys that have been in the industry for 15+ years than any car audio school would teach me. I know of two people that graduated from Mobile Dynamics and they couldn't even cut it at circuit city... so there twelve grand mobile electronics education is helping them alot as the one works at a parts counter for a dealership and the other is a manager at taco bell. These two stil call and ask me car audio questions, and the only training I've ever had is Snake Pit on the Road which is like a four hour course on remote starts and security that we do every year. I will be taking a select products class in ohio in a month or so though.

I guess what I'm trying to say is try getting a job at a shop or at a big box store... you'll learn a whole lot more hands on. Most kids come out of mobile electronics schools thinking they are on a higher level. I've saw two get fired from the shop I'm at now and two more get shit canned from circuit city. I'm sorry I just think there is alot better things to spend money on.

This might be true for some kids, but I am looking to learn a lot more then just basic installs. Unlike most people that try to get in this field I have a passion for this. Not just in it for money. I know that you learn a lot more on the job, but that goes for any field that you are looking to go into. Its a step in the right direction, and I really want to get out of michigan. I hate winters.

This might be true for some kids, but I am looking to learn a lot more then just basic installs. Unlike most people that try to get in this field I have a passion for this. Not just in it for money. I know that you learn a lot more on the job, but that goes for any field that you are looking to go into. Its a step in the right direction, and I really want to get out of michigan. I hate winters.

I guess you didn't get where I was going with my post... you're going to start at the bottom no matter what you do at a shop...

To each there own. I'm just saying I have more experience/know more than the people I know who went to schools, from working at shops.

-Installer for Duke's Car Stereo

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix - Ported Eaton M90 S/C, 3.5" pulley, XS Power Headers, 1.9 Rockers, FWI, Poly Motor Mounts, Custom Tune.

RF T1000-1bdCP and T400-4

Boston Acoustics SPG 555

Kenwood eXcelon 995

RF Punch 6.5" components and MB Quart Premium 6x9"s

Powermaster Alternator, YellowTop D34, Vmax CT1000