DC Sound Lab

Dc Sound Labs Lvl 4 15s, Dual 2s

hi, i was about to make a purchase for a lvl 4 15" Dc sound labs subwoofer. I just wanted to get a bit of advice before making my purchase decision.

I've been reading around and people find them great for SPL subs, and competition use. But how would you guys rate a single 15 for a daily driver. I was going for more of an SQ setup (but I still wanted something that kicks), so I was originally looking at the Fi Q's But I found a great offer here for the DCs and have heard nothing but good things about em. But I just wanted to know if it'll kill the rest of my SQ setup. (btw I cant provide details for the rest of my setup cuz I'm starting from scratch, so I haven't purchased ams, components, HU, none of that yet)

Thanks

Bought from : decafcappucino, and dwright27

hi, i was about to make a purchase for a lvl 4 15" Dc sound labs subwoofer. I just wanted to get a bit of advice before making my purchase decision.

I've been reading around and people find them great for SPL subs, and competition use. But how would you guys rate a single 15 for a daily driver. I was going for more of an SQ setup (but I still wanted something that kicks), so I was originally looking at the Fi Q's But I found a great offer here for the DCs and have heard nothing but good things about em. But I just wanted to know if it'll kill the rest of my SQ setup. (btw I cant provide details for the rest of my setup cuz I'm starting from scratch, so I haven't purchased ams, components, HU, none of that yet)

Thanks

imo its a decent sub, pretty comparable to the RE SX with a little more output. I wouldnt let the talk get you down though as it does not have the characteristics of a customary one note wonder SPL sub and is not classified as one either. Rest assured it should keep up fine as long as you have it amplified and crossed over correctly

imo its a decent sub, pretty comparable to the RE SX with a little more output. I wouldnt let the talk get you down though as it does not have the characteristics of a customary one note wonder SPL sub and is not classified as one either. Rest assured it should keep up fine as long as you have it amplified and crossed over correctly

Thanks James, I was actually just reading your review on the 10" and was wondering if the review holds true for the 15 as well. I'm clearly a noob and I've heard alot about people saying 55 does'nt handle well, and its too hard to get em to hit the right notes, and if you wanna hear ur music properly you should never go for anything over a 12. I mean I don't know much about 15s as I have no first hand experience with em. I wouldn't think it would be an enormous difference but again I'm just guessing

Bought from : decafcappucino, and dwright27

Thanks James, I was actually just reading your review on the 10" and was wondering if the review holds true for the 15 as well. I'm clearly a noob and I've heard alot about people saying 55 does'nt handle well, and its too hard to get em to hit the right notes, and if you wanna hear ur music properly you should never go for anything over a 12. I mean I don't know much about 15s as I have no first hand experience with em. I wouldn't think it would be an enormous difference but again I'm just guessing

i honestly havent heard the 15, i have a 10 myself and ive installed the 12 and 18 and all of them sounded great to me. Alot of people build the wrong boxes, so you have to be careful with alot of subjective tales of how a speaker s characteristics are.

I am with James on this one. I have a 12" level 3 and I am super happy with the sound of this product. I would not be afraid of using any line of DC for daily driving. I like the sound of mine better than the other subs I have owned. Is it the best sounding sub out there? I have no idea. Can you make it sound really nice? yes definitely. I say buy it. Have a great day. D

it is a GREAT daily sub...i have 2 15's i run daily off 2300+ watts....they can get smelly after a while if you REALLY beat on them...you honestly cant go wrong with these subs at all, im in love with them

My F-150 Build

GET ON THE BANDWAGON

loganberry44.gif

DSC01482-1-1.jpg

what if they tried messing with the amps when the subs werent louder :ehh: hahah jk :pardon: