Possible to go from 345hp to 500hp with chip,exhaust, intake?

My cousin has an 06 ram (Hemi). Came with 345hp. He raced his neighbor who has a F250 pretty hooked up, doing some where near 425hp-450hp....Anyways the F250 spanked my cousin.

My cousin is telling me that when he adds a "chip" to his car, exhaust, and intake he will have some where near 500hp. For some reason im calling BS on this.

What do you guys go to say about this?

Guest SyKo13

It's BS, you need to have forced induction in order to gain as much power, you gain say 50hp w/ a chip, 30hp with intake and exhaust.

Chipwise, I don't really believe in chips for the reason that it only strengthens your engine and not the tranny, meaning that your tranny will f$%& up.

SK >:(

your not gonna gain 50hp from a chip.

My Mustang GT came with 265 hp Stock,  I did a tuner chip, C.A.I., Mass Air Flow Sensor, Throttle Body Plenum, Underdrive pulleys, Shorty headers, new x-pipe and and cat back exhaust 24# pound injectors and only had 330 RWHP afterwards, I never dynoed it to see what it was at the wheels before I did all the work. now, if he wanted to do a 75hp shot of Nitrous he could gaimn a nice chunk.

your not gonna gain 50hp from a chip.

My Mustang GT came with 265 hp Stock,  I did a tuner chip, C.A.I., Mass Air Flow Sensor, Throttle Body Plenum, Underdrive pulleys, Shorty headers, new x-pipe and and cat back exhaust 24# pound injectors and only had 330 RWHP afterwards, I never dynoed it to see what it was at the wheels before I did all the work. now, if he wanted to do a 75hp shot of Nitrous he could gaimn a nice chunk.

If i'm corrext you had a 86-91 mustang gt??  The rwhp is only about 200 so you made a huge gain!! I had a '89 convertible gt that's the only reason I know the #.  There is about a 20% loss of power in the drivetrains so your 330 was about 400 @ the crank!!

U could maybe see gain in an oil burner with those changes but not in a gas. Even with that, banks or some other guys get real pricey when making those HP gains.

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

Yep, what everyone stated is correct..you will not gain that kind of HP from chipping a gas motor.  Especially not a Hemi.  Its tuned pretty well from the factory.  His only real bet to up the HP is not only a true air induction system, but he will need to change the timing on his fuel pump and possibly the fueling curve.

I've got a guy over at another forum in which has a hemi and with extensive upgrades including a supercharger, he made 504hp and 567ft lbs.

http://dodgetruckworld.tenmagazines.com/fo...04-s-new_dyno_s

2k6 Dodge Ram 2500...CUMMINS POWERED - SOLD