My First Computer Build

nice comp but y u get the extreme edition? i can get the E8500 and oc it higher than u could with the QX6850. all the QX6850 is a E6850 with an unlocked multiplier but thats just me...and the Zalman's...their nice cpu coolers but not the best...Xigmata and the Vendetta 2 cooler perform ALOT better than the zalman's do and i think the xigmata is cheaper than that zalman

the only person i wouldnt let build my box would be Ray.

Team Heavy-Flex4 SA 12's tuned to 29hz

Ampere Audio 3800.1 @ 1 ohmXS Power D3100Big 3Stock alt

nice comp but y u get the extreme edition? i

This is the first computer ive ever built

:P

i wouldnt suggest trying to overclock until you get more comfortable with doing things like that. i'd be mad if i toasted my 1k CPU. he shouldnt need to OC anytime soon

Yea, I did the same thing, besides the fact when I was forced to build again I was in the process of moving and didn't have much cash to spend. I definitely understand the twitchyness at the end of the game... I had to turn down settings myself.

x2 at not overclocking at the moment. Sure, I overclock mine, but it isn't worth crap compared to that cpu. Plus ive done it for a long time and it is slower than I want... of course thats always how it is though I guess.

Thanks guys ya im not planning on overclocking it right now but in the future I will overclock it I thought about doing water cooling but since this is my first build ive ever done im not going to mess with it when or if I decide to build a bigger better unit I might look at compressor cooling or water cooling but right now this is good since I havent even built one before Expo Thanks for the link to the 3D marks what would be a good score

I definitely agree with expo about the watercooling... there isn't really a whole lot of point to it anymore. I had it on my old setup that got to hot when I overclocked it, but have no need anymore, it was more trouble than it was worth to set it back up etc.

Yea, im doubting he will ever have to worry about anything while setting up games besides turning everything all the way up, but still, I would have done sli before that cpu. But, no matter what he will be happy with it. Aaron, what are you building this computer for? Do any gaming?

Expo, resulution was that at?

Na I dont do any gaming I might buy Crysis when I get this put together this will mostly be used for internet, regular programs things like that but I dont do much gaming at all that was also another reason that I didnt do water cooling

Na I dont do any gaming I might buy Crysis when I get this put together this will mostly be used for internet, regular programs things like that but I dont do much gaming at all that was also another reason that I didnt do water cooling

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/mega_shok.gif

In that case... ill drive up to your place and trade you computers if you would like... You will never notice a difference if you aren't doing gaming, or atleast something like video encoding or something... :D

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/mega_shok.gif

In that case... ill drive up to your place and trade you computers if you would like... You will never notice a difference if you aren't doing gaming, or atleast something like video encoding or something... :D

NA im good lol

Thanks guys ya im not planning on overclocking it right now but in the future I will overclock it I thought about doing water cooling but since this is my first build ive ever done im not going to mess with it when or if I decide to build a bigger better unit I might look at compressor cooling or water cooling but right now this is good since I havent even built one before Expo Thanks for the link to the 3D marks what would be a good score

not 100% sure. havent looked a whole lot into it myself. i'll download it when i can keep my PC on long enough to download it tho lol. the higher the better :P into the thousands maybe? i do know the newer versions are more demanding, so scores arent as high as older versions. high hundreds?

Archived