Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

contact Cactus Sounds seriously, they made there own recones for this woofer Im positive they can help you.

Posted
contact Cactus Sounds seriously, they made there own recones for this woofer Im positive they can help you.

Thanks David. I'll give them a call when my funds are better.

You know that thing our buddy did for me. Well I have started that build and just spent about close to $400 in getting all new installation materials.

I can get started as soon as my sound dampining gets here.

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

The Destruction of a person builds character.

 

Terryswork001.png

Posted

iirc CA glue will melt and deform santoprene so be careful....again I can't remember but I'm pretty sure its was santoprene that melts and deforms when ca glue is put on it.

Vehicle: 1997 S10 Blazer 4dr 4X4

Exterior: Rear End Bagged, Black Grill, Lifted 2"

Amplifiers: Rockford Fosgate T8004 & T10001bd

Batteries: 2 Stinger SPV35, Kinetik HC2400

Electrical: Big 3, DC Power 290amp Alternator w/ MLA at 15.5v

Enclosure: 4.2 ft³ @ 33Hz 84sq.in. of port (20sq.in. per cube)

Headunit: Eclipse CD3200 w/ 80G iPod

Mids/Highs: Rockford T152s (a-pillars), Rockford T162s (doors)

Subwoofers: 1 15" Fi BL Fully Loaded

Wire: All 1/0g Kicker Hyperflex

My YouTube Videos

My Fiberglass A-Pillar Build

My "Seamless" Looking Box Build

My DD1508 T-Line Bandpass Build "Seamless" w/ Acrylic Windows (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Stealth 8" Fiberglass Build (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Build For A Friend's '08 Cobalt 15" BL Sealed Off From The Trunk

My feedback/references...

Posted
iirc CA glue will melt and deform santoprene so be careful....again I can't remember but I'm pretty sure its was santoprene that melts and deforms when ca glue is put on it.

All I know is all the research I did on Santoprene showed that there are very few things that will work with it and the stuff that does work with Santoprene is only Commercial related, so you need to work for a big company that is going to use that shit in major amounts before they will deal with ya. No consumer sales.

RF told me they are top secrect about their adhesives. They did give me a link, part#, and a name of a company that might have something for me.

When I called them I gave them the part number that RF gave me and they said that stuff will not work to adhere Santoprene to cast aluminum.

kicker was no help at all. I told them the surrond on one of my L7s diconnected from the basket and could they send me some of the propper glue to fix it or tell me what I can use to fix the problem.

They were no help at all. (For the first time ever)

I'm going to talk to Cactus Sounds when I build back up a stash.

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

The Destruction of a person builds character.

 

Terryswork001.png

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 3018 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...