Second Skin Audio

General Enclosure Question

Krice420

hey wats up guys i have been studyin the good old meade builds trying to figure out the best way to build my wall and it seems to me like he never uses screws. i was wondering if i use tite bond and fiberglass if i could do the same and get away without using screws. it would be helpful if someone could clarify this because i plan on starting to build tomorrow.

2 18'' fi btls fully loaded

2 sundown saz 3000d

1 iraggi 200 amp alt

3 powermaster 3100d series batts

11.75 cuft wall after displacement tuned to 31.08 hz

screws hold the wood inplace long enough for the glue to take hold

they arent needed and the more you use the more strength you loose in the wood (like every inch apart)

if you cant clamp/nail/braid, then screw

i use screws still when necessary, usually panels to big to clamp

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

yea i can clamp depth wise on my wall but not long ways or height. so should i only use a couple screws just to pull it together to let glue dry then back them out or should i just use something heavy to keep some pressure on it for a good hour or so?

2 sundown saz 3000d

1 iraggi 200 amp alt

nahh im trying to eliminate screws all together if i can because i figured once i got that glue and fiberglass mat the wood would break before the joint would. so i will just clamp the sides to the bottom since i got a long enough clamp then i will sit my powermasters or my btls on top to put a good bit of weight to let the glue dry. and thanks man for the quick advice man.

2 sundown saz 3000d

1 iraggi 200 amp alt

You dont have to take them back out just use them every like 5-6 inches apart should be plenty. The glue makes a chemical bond between the two pieces of wood essentially making it one piece of wood. If you try to take it apart the mdf will peel apart before that joint breaks loose

if you actually looked at the wall build for the civic meade does use screws.

1 screw every 4"s is what I try to shoot for.

brad nails work well to if you have a nailer

Archived