DC Sound Lab

Well as the topic states, ive only posted a few times on here so far so i thought i would introduce my self.

My name is Derrick im 21 and currently serving in the ohio national guard ive been pretty much active duty my whole military career so far since i got deployed right out of AIT.

I drive a 1998 Acura Integra GS-R with the B18C5 motor swap in it 5 speed as well.

Now for the Audio setup i have currently

2 level 4 15" DC audio subs with level 5 voice coils.

1 Kinetik HC2400 in the back and a HC1400 i think in the front *dont remember got it put in while i was on my pass*

2 Ap15001D Audiopipe amps thats at 1500 watts at 1 ohm

Dynomatted the trunk just once

Power Accustic 5" touchscreen head unit

8 cubic foot box tuned to 43hz but thats changing when i get the 18s!

Thats it about me so far i will post a few more pics and 2 videos when they upload!

CIMG0183.jpg

CIMG0164.jpg

CIMG0165.jpg

CIMG0166.jpg

Thats in a 6 cubic foot box tuned to 35 hz and the subs were just dropped in. * im #4 in the pic* but i hit 146.9 befor i left when they were not even broken in.

Edited by Army_guy614

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

well at the moment i only have 2 videos on the box in the pic that the subs actually tore apart!! but it was taken right befor i went and got it metered.

My next setup will be 4 audiopipe 1500.1d amps and 2 18" level 5s in a 16 cubic foot box hopefully if i can fit it in there, tuned low for a groundpounder type setup.

**EDIT***

th_CIMG0187.jpg

th_CIMG0189.jpg

Edited by Army_guy614

Team DC Audio

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

that was the old box that went boom and broke because of the subs ! i actually pulled the boards apart from the air pressure. the new box i have is slot ported

Team DC Audio

Ah... The new 1500 amps.

Have you compared them to the old Silver case ones?

I have the old style on my 18's.

I agree with the too little port area statement.

16 cubes is a bit big unless you are running low power.

But, I'm pretty sure those 4 1500's on the 2 18's will get the job done.

BTW, why not just get two of the 3000's?

They are two of the 1500's in one case.

If i could i would! But i was on leave for 2 weeks when i took those 2 videos and those pics. I am back over seas and will be here till december-january so soon after i get back home i will have more videos up.

Team DC Audio

Ah... The new 1500 amps.

Have you compared them to the old Silver case ones?

I have the old style on my 18's.

I agree with the too little port area statement.

16 cubes is a bit big unless you are running low power.

But, I'm pretty sure those 4 1500's on the 2 18's will get the job done.

BTW, why not just get two of the 3000's?

They are two of the 1500's in one case.

Well Rusty said they do well in 8 cubes so unless he ment 8 cubes for the 2 thats why i was thinking of going 16.

The reason im running 2 of them strapped is because i hear that the 3000 has alot of problems running at 1 ohm but those 2 strapped ran just fine at 1 ohm the whole time i was home never got hot or anything.

The old 1500 silver case was the one i had in there originally with my old setup and they ran fine, for some reason this one seems to have alittle more *umpf* to it, only way to discribe it. But i listen very carefully and thats what it seemed like to me.

Team DC Audio

Well Rusty said they do well in 8 cubes so unless he ment 8 cubes for the 2 thats why i was thinking of going 16.

The reason im running 2 of them strapped is because i hear that the 3000 has alot of problems running at 1 ohm but those 2 strapped ran just fine at 1 ohm the whole time i was home never got hot or anything.

The old 1500 silver case was the one i had in there originally with my old setup and they ran fine, for some reason this one seems to have alittle more *umpf* to it, only way to discribe it. But i listen very carefully and thats what it seemed like to me.

I've had a 3000w Bridged at 0.5Ω before.

I wouldn't recommend it for daily but it didn't let out the magical smoke.

Your only supposed to run the 1500's strapped at 2Ω, but since they 1500's are cheaper as a pair than the 3000D, go for it.

If you ever feel like getting rid of one of the amps, I'll gladly take it from ya.