03 Silverado Singlecab 4x4 First Fiberglass Enclosure

Well for sure I like this build, gives me an idea on how to do my own enclosure :-D. If I could just get the tools...they aren't so cheap..

2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo

Hifonics Brutus Bxi2607D (FRIED...saving for ZX2500.1)

2 15" 07 L7's ported at 32hz

Xplod POS for the MIDS, which are Memphis

SMDMafiaFrozenbritches.jpg

Another test fit picture! :D

Had to work again today, 7th day straight... :( Tomorrow will be 8 and so on through most of the week... So not much more work on my box.

Got a good picture to give some ideas though!

Posted Image

You guys think this will be loud enough? ;)

userbar651078zu3.gif

MECP_SMALL.jpgCERTIFIED BITCHES!!!

Not being new at something doesn't mean anything. Just because a prostitute isn't new at what she does, doesn't change the fact that she still 'sucks'

Click to see my build!

Proud DC owner

Got some sanding off the first layer today. Like they say, get the first layer right and the other layers will be much easier, and less sanding and shaping in the end.

Posted Image

Posted Image

^Yet again, I was painting today, so in my painting uniform. :dry:

Did some resin and glassed in a few spots where I had dips and such.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Only problem is I think I might have a disaster on my hands. I ran out of resin hardener the other day, but my dad said he had some from a while back so I used it instead of going to buy some... :fool: I mixed a tad cool as I usually do to give myself more working time, but unlike all the other times, my resin does not seem to be curing very well. It's been well over an hour and I can still move the goop, so now I'm a bit worried.

Any of you have some ideas? I'm thinking it was mostly the old hardener, so is it possible that it will cure still, but just take longer?

Damn I hope I didn't screw it up...

userbar651078zu3.gif

Not being new at something doesn't mean anything. Just because a prostitute isn't new at what she does, doesn't change the fact that she still 'sucks'

Click to see my build!

Proud DC owner

K, just got back in town and got back to my box. :D

Got all the goo of shit mix off and redid the 2nd layer.

Posted Image

Posted Image

She's back to lookin like good progress!! :D

Good news is, I've got the DC's on the way as well as all new 4 gauge wiring!!!

Tomorrow I've gotta get another gallon of resin, more brushes and get back to layers. Hopefully I'll be ready for paint by next weekend. (Will be my first time painting with a real paint gun and not spray cans)

Should be a pretty productive week ahead. :clapping:

userbar651078zu3.gif

Click to see my build!

Proud DC owner

I think you have been holding out man, thats great work!

ever get a ruff estimate on airspace? looks pretty small

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

I think you have been holding out man, thats great work!

ever get a ruff estimate on airspace? looks pretty small

Holding out? What do you mean by that?

It's gonna be tight I know already, but I think I'm going to be alright.

Come around near my last layer of FG I'm going to try and do that milkshake technique on all of the seams on the inside and after that I'm going to try the packing peanut measure. Anyone got some good links for first time milkshakers? To be honest this will also be my first time using bondo.

I read somewhere about buying a beanbag from walmart, using the pellets inside to do your measuring, then you put the pellets back in and return it, LOL. I might have to shoot for that come time for it.

It will be certain though that this box is going to have polyfil stuffed inside when it's all said and done. I'm starting to get to a point where I know I'm about to have some serious bass on my hands. :D

userbar651078zu3.gif

Click to see my build!

Proud DC owner

More glassing today.

Got a total of 3 layers now, but I spent most of the day working on getting curves right and focusing on parts that needed leveling and such.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Don't want any resin around where my terminals will be yet.

Posted Image

Got the sides glassed as well.

Posted Image

I'm getting there, slowly but surely. I'm getting pretty tired of the constant glassing everyday though. It's a hell of a lot of work and gets pretty tiring, I'm gonna be glad when I'm done and no more itching!! Cold showers SUCK, and they don't even really help as much as you would hope. :(

Either way, subs and wiring should come this week so I'm being optimistic with this, but I'm hoping on getting it all in the truck and ready to bass this weekend. I think that's a stretch, but if I can work my ass off this week I might be able to make it happen. This has been WAY too long a build for me... :blink:

userbar651078zu3.gif

Click to see my build!

Proud DC owner

Finally done glassing! I've got 5 layers technically, but the last 2 were VERY thick with mat.

Pics!

Posted Image

^ My work environment for over a week... :(

Posted Image

Posted Image

(That polar bear shouldnta been lookin at me like that...)

Posted Image

I work hard to get what I want that's for sure. ;)

Posted Image

Posted Image

^ Got resin in the corners of the inside just for keeping me happy. :)

Tomorrow should be filling and sanding as well as getting some resin around seam of the rings on the inside of the box.

Quick question though, I see alot of you guys use the milkshake instead of just bondo to do filling. Is there any major advantage or should I just stick with simple and go with just the bondo?

userbar651078zu3.gif

Click to see my build!

Proud DC owner

Archived