Time To Get A New Car & Don't Know What To Get!

In late October it will be time for me to get a new car. I was looking for a fast,luxury sedan such as the Infiniti G 35. It doesn't cost THAT much compared to other cars. Chicks like it & it moves pretty good when you step on it. I already test drove it and liked how it handled. Other cars that have been brought up to my attention:

Acura TL

Acura TSX

Infiniti M 35

Lexus ES

Some one told me to get an EVO but that's more for racing. I'm looking for some thing luxury that performs good, all around. Ex my moms BMW 525i tops out @ 155 mph. To hit 155 mph it takes FOREVER!!

Yesterday I decided to go to a few of the local car dealers around here. One dealer that caught my attention (never expected it to) was the Chevrolet dealer. They had a red Corvette facing the street to catch every ones attention & it caught mine :spiteful: I did a little research and the Coupe equipped how I want it would come out to about $49,000. Monthly payments (leased) of $700.

Here's the thing... I got 2 sides of the way I see things. One, im young making $17/hr. I'll be making $21/hr this time next year. This may be the only time I can drive a 2 seater or a corvette until I'm in my 40's or older because I do plan to get married in 5-6 yrs. Start my own family, have my own house etc.. Therefor I would have to cut down on expenses and worry about what's more important (my family).

2nd thought I have to this is... It's just too much $$ for a car. So i don't know what to do. Majority of people tell me to go for it. But I'm trying to be realistic here & don't want finacial problems later on.

As of right now I'm living w/my parents, brother & sister. I help out in any way I can (groceseries) or whatever they need I get to help out. Only thing I'm paying for right now is a cell phone lol & my insurance. So I don't have a ton of bills to pay.

What would you do?

In late October it will be time for me to get a new car. I was looking for a fast,luxury sedan such as the Infiniti G 35. It doesn't cost THAT much compared to other cars. Chicks like it & it moves pretty good when you step on it. I already test drove it and liked how it handled. Other cars that have been brought up to my attention:

Acura TL

Acura TSX

Infiniti M 35

Lexus ES

Some one told me to get an EVO but that's more for racing. I'm looking for some thing luxury that performs good, all around. Ex my moms BMW 525i tops out @ 155 mph. To hit 155 mph it takes FOREVER!!

Yesterday I decided to go to a few of the local car dealers around here. One dealer that caught my attention (never expected it to) was the Chevrolet dealer. They had a red Corvette facing the street to catch every ones attention & it caught mine :spiteful: I did a little research and the Coupe equipped how I want it would come out to about $49,000. Monthly payments (leased) of $700.

Here's the thing... I got 2 sides of the way I see things. One, im young making $17/hr. I'll be making $21/hr this time next year. This may be the only time I can drive a 2 seater or a corvette until I'm in my 40's or older because I do plan to get married in 5-6 yrs. Start my own family, have my own house etc.. Therefor I would have to cut down on expenses and worry about what's more important (my family).

2nd thought I have to this is... It's just too much $$ for a car. So i don't know what to do. Majority of people tell me to go for it. But I'm trying to be realistic here & don't want finacial problems later on.

As of right now I'm living w/my parents, brother & sister. I help out in any way I can (groceseries) or whatever they need I get to help out. Only thing I'm paying for right now is a cell phone lol & my insurance. So I don't have a ton of bills to pay.

What would you do?

Be patient, I was in the same boat years ago- living at home while I was paying for my own college working full time, with no other bills and bought myself a nice Audi A4 for $30k. Young is young and everyone wants a sports car. If you just have to do it, then get the Infinity instead and put the rest of the money in the bank for when you want to trade the infinity. Set a price limit and stick to it.

Ok, my old 36 yr self will stop lecturing you, just saying be patient and make the smart choice, you can drive all your family around in the infinity and they will be impressed at how nice it is, as opposed to stuffing them into the hatch of the vette! When you are 40 get the vette as a second car.

PTCary

2003 SMD PT Cruiser

2011 Honda CBR 250R

2010 Mazda 3i Sport

MY BUILD LOG

get a G35 coupe, throw some nice chrome on it and some drit wheels on the back ;)

2006 F-150

4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg

get a G35 coupe, throw some nice chrome on it and some drit wheels on the back ;)

I don't really like coupes unless it's a vette, viper, ferrari etc...

G35 I rather get the sedan just because it stills moves good & I can take 5 people comfortably.

Edited by Ernesto

No matter what you get, it'll slump right?

^ stupid question I know but still.

And also, to Ernesto, I'm more of a coupe guy myself, I'm not a big fan of sedans, coupes/convertibles are the way to go.

Edited by Brick2560

TexasTech2.jpg

"Buy some shit, Build some shit, Bang some shit!" - Dr. DB

Joe owns my soul.

Refs: Duct_Tape123, Derrick824