and thanks for that info on your sub...i want a line driver now ... :)

~Matthew

1998 Toyota Camry XLE V6 3L

(1) ScyTek Astra 4000RS-2W-1 2-Way Remote Start Alarm

with Shock and Proximity

(1) 20% Tint All Around (Gately Audio)

(1) 250 Amperage HO Alternator

(1) Big 3 Done In 1/0

(2) Kinetik HC2400 Power Cell

(1) Alpine IVA-D106 Receiver

(1) Peripheral Video Bypass Device

(4) Alpine SPS-17C2 Speakers

(1) Alpine KCE-422i iPod Control Interface

(4) Sheets Dynamat Extreme; for speakers

(1) 10 Square Feet Hushmat (Trunk & Rear Deck)

(4) DC Audio Level 4 15" D2 Subwoofer w/ Level 5 Coils

(1) Wall Built By David, Tuned to 32 Hz

(1) Rockford Fosgate T40001bd Amplifier

(1) Stinger 1/0 Wiring (2 runs of + 2 runs of -)

(1) Stinger Volt Meter

ok, I might be a little off here, but once the clean, boosted signal goes into the first amp, you shouldn't need to clean it after that. Think about it like this. Meade daisy chained all the sub amps. Now, logically thinking, if that was not a good idea, I don't think he would do it. I am not sure if every mid/high amp is getting their own high voltage signal, but from what I understand, if it is being simply passed through an amp, even though it wont have as high a voltage as before it hit the first amp, I would think it would still be clean as long as the amps are of good quality. Are you running the sub amp/s off your pass-thru from your mid/high amp? If so, I would personally run 2 seperate rca's(if you are already doing that, cool) and run one line driver to your mid/highs amp, and run another to the first of the sub amps, then daisy chain the rest of the sub amps off the one before it, and set the gains according to the voltage they are each getting. And if I am guiding this person in the wrong direction, someone please stop me and let me know. I don't want to lead someone down the wrong road with this.

ok mane i was just maken sure i didnt know b/c they say that you need a boosted signal when ur running this many amps but i see what you mean .....

thanks mane

and i am running frnt rear and sub from my deck.....3 sets of rca's

but thnx for the advi

*2013 NEW BUILD*

12- 18" Crossfire XS v2's B pillar 4th order wall

4- Crossfire 8K mono blocks

40+ pro audio mids tweeters and horns

3- Singer alternator 400a external regulated alts

tons of audiotechnix wire

24- XS Power D1400's

-TEAM XS POWER-

-TEAM CROSSFIRE-

-TDH-

tdh.png

For the most part, Correct.

I DID notice a HELL of a difference! (from 2 volt to 8). It made my subs hit a lot louder. Without the line driver, I didn't even get half the performance.

Maybe thatz just me though..

wow!! That's a trip. Like I said, from what I understood it cleans it up and boosts so the amps gain doesn't need to be set as high. But you got more output from your amp. Sweet!! Thank you for the insight man. For real.

Loud as f*ck, and sounds good doing it.

Team built from here on out!!!!

BIG things to come.........

Missing link is the shite!!!

SMDMafiaEagleScorpio1.jpg

bannerfans_8aed9634.png

ok mane i was just maken sure i didnt know b/c they say that you need a boosted signal when ur running this many amps but i see what you mean .....

thanks mane

and i am running frnt rear and sub from my deck.....3 sets of rca's

but thnx for the advi

Don't get me wrong, get as much input as you can. That line driver that footlongsam put a link to would be perfect for you. The six channel one, front, rear and sub rca's are all boosted before they hit the amps. But get more input on the daisy chaining from some of the experts. But that six channel line driver will definately suit your application well.

bannerfans_8aed9634.png

and thanks for that info on your sub...i want a line driver now ... :)

I am glad he mentioned that it gave him more output. I don't want anyone to be misled by any info I give.

bannerfans_8aed9634.png

Yea I never thought a line driver would make that much of a difference until I installed mine. im currenty running a performance teknique line driver to two 5500 watt amplifiers, the line driver itself is almost like adding another amp with the extra volts you get it makes a world of difference.

Yea I never thought a line driver would make that much of a difference until I installed mine. im currenty running a performance teknique line driver to two 5500 watt amplifiers, the line driver itself is almost like adding another amp with the extra volts you get it makes a world of difference.

Huh..??

What amps

Sorry for the thread jack

--Sampson cool.gif

816-591-6592

www.kcrimshop.com

yeh it makes for a big bass booster ...... that's how it sounds. i truly don't think no system will reach it optimum performance without a line driver ..... then again i'm sure some may disagree but listen to a system with a line driver and another system without. a line driver is the way to go.

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

(1) XS Power D6500(UNDERHOOD) and (1) XS3000(REAR)

3 runs 1/0ga for power and 2 runs of 1/0ga for negative.

(2)-RFT165s components, ...... 4 separate 1 inch tweetersRF T600-2(fronts) Punch 450.4(rear)

Audiocontrol 3.1.

DC power 260amp alternator w/MLA Module

ISO gave me some real good advise when I got my line driver, and I LOVE it!

Pheonix Gold TLD22 $29.99 at Sonic Electronix

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_13857_...Gold+TLD22.html

Excelent Line Driver!

Boosted my 2 volt signal to 8 volts!

Thanks footlongslam for passing on my my info and showing him the 6 channel version.

It makes me feel good when I help someone and they can turn around and help someone else with the same problem.

P.S. I'm glad you like the PG line drive,but I knew you would. :D

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

The Destruction of a person builds character.

Terryswork001.png

Pheonix Gold TLD66 $49.99 at Sonic Electronix

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_13858_...Gold+TLD66.html

Same concept, Still 8 volts, 6 seperate channel settings

*8 Volt, 6-Channel Line Driver

*Maximum input or output voltage: 8 volts RMS

you want this item rite here.

Take channel 1 hook it up to 1 out of 6 sub amps, then daisy chain 2 more on that channel. You sub amps should have inputs and outputs on them.

So from the line driver do this:

Channel 1= use 3 sub amps

Channel 2 = use 3 sub amps

Channel 3= 1 full range amp for your mids and tweets. or as many amps as you like.

On a high quality amp that has inputs and outputs you should be able to daisy chain (with the RCAs only) up to 10 amps with no/or almost no signal loss. Thats how the High quality amps are made.

Edited by ISO

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

The Destruction of a person builds character.

Terryswork001.png