Second Skin Audio

Calling All Cars Calling All Cars

its not the sub thats causing the problem is all in the enclosure. an enclosure that big allows alot of airflow and therefore more excursion. i would suggest dropping down to maybe 6cubes or set your gain conservatively until you figure out the limits of your system.
yeah you over excurted the sub, thats a mechanical failure due to the box being to big with that much power.

try 6 cubes after displacemet with 3kws

maybee i will just stop helping people since people dont read everything through

eric while this is true a box that big with that much power your gonna get alot of excursion IMO

oh shit man you aint have to call me out like that haha i didnt see you told him that. actually i was spreadin the same wisdom you gave to me a while back about my enclosure and my btls.

2 18'' fi btls fully loaded

2 sundown saz 3000d

1 iraggi 200 amp alt

3 powermaster 3100d series batts

11.75 cuft wall after displacement tuned to 31.08 hz

its good that you rememberd my advice, that makes me happy, I just was trying to show that people should take the time to read the whole thread, becuase alot of times people dont.

sorry to call you out i didnt meanit that way

haha i dont care its all good anywayz im just feelin like shit and cant sleep its like 3am and i skipped a couple posts to save some time.

2 18'' fi btls fully loaded

2 sundown saz 3000d

1 iraggi 200 amp alt

3 powermaster 3100d series batts

11.75 cuft wall after displacement tuned to 31.08 hz

hmm ~3000w on ~2000w sub +

possibly incorrectly set gains +

bigish enclosure for power +

playing song at box tune freq =

blown btl

well since you ripped your suspension apart its likely ur box is tuned higher than u think plus a little too large a box for more power, and u were playing well below tune freq likely

can you explain how all these things are relevant when speaking about blowing a sub. b/c i think i maybe doing some of the same things

CURRENTLY UNDER RE-CONSTRUCTION

2008 Hyundai Sonata

Team T3 Audio

Team Deadly Hertz

Team SMD (Street Motivated Devastation)

Chariot.gif

wats up guys well i have been wondering about my subs failure and i just saw another thread that looked like the same prob but his ripped all the way around it was 00sdimes00 execept his ripped all the way off. he thinks that his woofer "i think what happed is that it tossed a tinsel lead" do u think this is what could have happend to my sub. and it fed all the power to one coil. because when i popped off the dust cap i saw inside that the some of the tinsels had ripped from where they used to be. i know that my box is also my problem but u think that this could have been the cause