I don't know if I'm even postin in the right area but here go's. I'm currently in the process of owning a shop with my cousin and a few of my co-workers. Now, If we manage to get the shop I hope that we operate it as private shop for our use until everyone can become certified for a trade. As for me I'm enrolled into school fro electronics and will be done in July of 07.

My question is what kind of advice could you guys give to me to help run a successful business. Like What products should we sell, Should we build project rides for the shop to help promote the shop better and etc.

My goal is to become a famous car builder and have my own shop. This shop is just a starter shp to get my feet wet.

THE GRADUATE 10:18:2007

1st off a real shop? or a reality tv shop? because there are no real shops on a&e or discovery channels! anyways bizznesess like amazon.com... what they do is a yahoo or google search for favorites! thats what people buy, shit that other people already buy!!! thats just buisiness speeking, but if you want a good solid product line you came to the right sight...  :matrix: if your over 18 already good luck getting famous, unless you know any rappers or celebritys... JK man run what you brung and make a name for yourself!!!  :D   

Barretto MotorsportsTeam RFCTeam CHMTeam SMD "Blow Sand"Live Your Life Without Boundaries... http://www.jeffbarretto.acnrep.com/d_oppor...A=US_EN&BW=

1st off a real shop? or a reality tv shop? because there are no real shops on a&e or discovery channels! anyways bizznesess like amazon.com... what they do is a yahoo or google search for favorites! thats what people buy, shit that other people already buy!!! thats just buisiness speeking, but if you want a good solid product line you came to the right sight...  :matrix: if your over 18 already good luck getting famous, unless you know any rappers or celebritys... JK man run what you brung and make a name for yourself!!!  :D   

Actually there are rappers that from my area like Redman, Joe Buddens, and etc. But realistically what I meant by famous is to be featured on every car mag like ours truly(Steve of course), produce every car part, and some car audio since I am going to school for electronics. I basically want to become a  known famous Black car builder since most are never heard of (no racial discremination intended).

"dont talk about it, be about it" Steve Meade 2006 good luck to you my brotha from anotha mutha!!!  :D

Barretto MotorsportsTeam RFCTeam CHMTeam SMD "Blow Sand"Live Your Life Without Boundaries... http://www.jeffbarretto.acnrep.com/d_oppor...A=US_EN&BW=

My suggestion is go to as many local car shows and take notes on what brands you see there... Every city/state is different.

I would also suggest after a while of having the shop under control and running make a "demo car"...For our shop we bought a van and got our store logo designed all over it...Threw some HIDs and rims on it and it catches every bodys attention now :D We either leave it parked up by the front so every one that drives by see's it or when we have to make deliveries or pick up some thing we try to use it as much as possible.

If you got money pay a radio station (prefer rap/hip hop station) to advertise your shop.

It's not easy to become famous/well known by owning a shop.

My suggestion is go to as many local car shows and take notes on what brands you see there... Every city/state is different.

I would also suggest after a while of having the shop under control and running make a "demo car"...For our shop we bought a van and got our store logo designed all over it...Threw some HIDs and rims on it and it catches every bodys attention now :D We either leave it parked up by the front so every one that drives by see's it or when we have to make deliveries or pick up some thing we try to use it as much as possible.

If you got money pay a radio station (prefer rap/hip hop station) to advertise your shop.

It's not easy to become famous/well known by owning a shop.

Thanks thats what I had in mind to build a demo car to promote the shop better. But thanks for the advice :matrix:

We do alot of advertising...

We pay an old man to hold up a sign in the middle of the rode with specials we have (tints, alarm installs, etc...)

We also have had our store advertised on a famous radio station...We haven't gotten a commercial on tv yet but one shop in town has.

I also suggest holding a car show in front of your store to promote the store and give out a special for like a week (HIDs or some thing).

Also don't be a fucking dumbass and stick to your "sticker prices"... If you see a guy is loaded with cash don't try to take advantage, still give him or atleast make him feel your giving him a deal by lowering a few bucks off some thing if he's buying multiple things for you.

what has been a huge help for us is radio advertising.  i would also recommend not building a demo ride until you have the capital to afford it. too many try and fail.  a demo car should be of the upmost cleanliness dont cram it full of too much product.  most potential customers wont be building the huge fiberglass systems.  put in bits and pieces of all work offered like glass, plexi, neon, painted pieces, video, etc.  but dont go overboard.  if it is done professionally, it will impress everybody.  keep it clean, and uncluttered.  BUT WAIT UNTIL FUNDS ALLOW IT!!!!! dont just jump into a demo.

on the biz side- make sure you pinpoint what tasks every member of your "ownership" team is responsible for.  if possible try to stick to one or two partners MAX!!!  to many hands in the cash box aint good.