Rockford Fosgate Punch 1000.1BD

Installed this amp over the weekend into a friends Ford Taurus pushing an FI Bl 15” Dual 2 Ohm Driver. Here is some ratings as I see fit

Ease of Install:

The wire connections are very nice on this amplifier, simple Phillips screw driver accomplishes all. It did bother me though that the amplifier doesn't exactly accept 0 gauge connection. This required me to wire distribute down to 4 gauge, probably all it needs but I always like to go above and beyond with wire. I also didnt like that the main power and ground connections are right next to each other, seems like a good possibility of arcing to me.

Apperance:

This amp scores well in looks. It is very appealing to the eye and small for its power output. The wire connections also allow for a clean look. Only gripe is the black front part reminds me of an ipod, looks awesome brand new but then you are fighting all day long to keep it from getting scratched.

Tuning:

This amp has all the neccsary options for tuning. I didnt like though that the subsonic filter is not adjustable, it is either on or off. Also a remote bass boost control is NOT included. It is an option, 400 for an amp and no boost control, didn't appreciate that. Otherwise nice.

Output:

This amp came rated at 1474 rms at 1 ohm. I would say it did every bit of that. The fi just ate up the power and loved it, really slamming amp.

Overall I would reccomend this amp, just make sure you snag the adjustable boost control and be ready to use some 4 gauge

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/hairtrick.gif

-Mark

Host of "CarAudioFabrication" - YouTube Car Audio Tutorial Channel

Forum.png

Check out my forum section here on SMD for my builds and tutorial videos!

Subscribe on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/CarAudioFabrication

• 1 month later...

Archived