I'll be hooking up amps soon and was wondering if I need to use a relay? I have 3 JL 500/1 and ? for mids and highs(probably a Sundown 100.4) So will I need a relay for the amp turn ons or can i make a distribution bar then split it off to the amps?

member9971.png

If its gonna be for power I would use a distribution block. If its for remote, a relay. I acctualy went a little beyond what you need, and picked up a PG DD5. this thing is great. It has a variable delay for turn on and off up to like 8 sec. It rally helped with a turn on "pop", of all the equipment comming on at the same time. If its gonna be seen I would do it this way, other wise a little relay setup thats hidden with do the trick. Semper Fi

Edited by jhmeg2

OiRYFHf.png

////Alpine, Eclipse, Load Boss, Pheonix Gold, MB Quart,Digital Desings, Memphis, Stinger, Periphial, MTX, Visualogic

Use a standard 40amp relay, it will keep the stress off of your head unit, and will supply a better turn on signal to the amps. You can get them anywhere for less than $5.

Use a standard 40amp relay, it will keep the stress off of your head unit, and will supply a better turn on signal to the amps. You can get them anywhere for less than $5.

Can i get a lint to a place where they are that cheep?

Bills

KwB

Team DC Audio Midwest captain

Can i get a lint to a place where they are that cheep?

Bills

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...em=380042323612

you can cook bacon shirtless if you're not a pussy...lol

not hatin, but am i wrong here it looks as if the amp is not grounded its hooked directly to the battery. it that the way it should be.

intr.jpg

DC.jpgDC POWER

I am sitting on the fence on this one, someone posted here on SMD that a diode is needed across the relay to keep it from potentially spiking back to the head unit and damaging it.

I have a message sent to Eclipse to see what they say about the remote turn on line on their head units.

I'll post their response.

Anyone have any definitive answer on this?

Edited by ptcary

PTCary

2003 SMD PT Cruiser

2011 Honda CBR 250R

2010 Mazda 3i Sport

MY BUILD LOG

Ok guys, here is what I found on 12volt.com

addremacc.gif

http://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_...e+turn+on+relay

It says to wire a 1 amp diode, (cathode stripe side to 86 and anode non-stripe side to 85) to keep a possible voltage spike going back up to the head unit remote wire and damaging the head unit.

Anyone understand this stuff better? Can we just solder a diode across the relay?

Edited by ptcary

PTCary

2003 SMD PT Cruiser

2011 Honda CBR 250R

2010 Mazda 3i Sport

MY BUILD LOG

Ok guys, here is what I found on 12volt.com

addremacc.gif

http://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_...e+turn+on+relay

It says to wire a 1 amp diode, (cathode stripe side to 86 and anode non-stripe side to 85) to keep a possible voltage spike going back up to the head unit remote wire and damaging the head unit.

Anyone understand this stuff better? Can we just solder a diode across the relay?

thats what i would do. I bought some relays one time and they acutally already had the diode on them.

you can cook bacon shirtless if you're not a pussy...lol

not hatin, but am i wrong here it looks as if the amp is not grounded its hooked directly to the battery. it that the way it should be.

intr.jpg

DC.jpgDC POWER