Sonic Electronix

If I Wanted To Upgrade Amps.. (for 25k+ Watts)

Guest Powered By Hate

Guest Powered By Hate

The biggest cap I could find on google was 2600 farads.. And... JESUS CHRIST Is That Thing Powerful

Could I get a link to what you are talking about please??

Next time I'm out there I'll take the cover off and some pics.. You can tell its hand made. "the million ferrit cap" might be a term used loosely but it has to be a super powerful monster.. its like 2 1/2 feet wide, 2 deep and 2 tall.. bright red. I want to know what its all about too. The thing was in a durango that hit 164 on a test tone of course but it was a part of the operation. From what Ive heard a cap can discharge power faster than a battery can.. I dont have any experience with these things.

(4) American bass 500.1's would be killer. they can run LOW ass loads "for burping" and will take up to 18v, so the 16v would do you good.

ok, well let me take it a step up then.

(4) American Bass VFL 700.1's

7000+@1ohm

will run .5ohm DAILY, and burp even lower, way lower.

and if that aint enough.. i heard about the VFL 1000.1

10000@1ohm.

I also agree with American Bass.

Damn good amps for what you want to do and if they haven't changed in the last 5 years you'll get more power than what they are rated at.

A little info for ya:

Running 2 15s at 12,000 per sub so 24,000 watts I forget if there was 2 or 3 alts but we also had 48 batteries too.

So if you want almost 30,000 watts for a DB Drag vehicle ya better start studieing now.

I think you said 26,000 watts so you really need to sit down with a pencil, paper and a calculator to really figure ouit what you really need to accomplish 26,000 watts.

Your going to need a few thousand dollars to do a DB Drag vehicle.

Memphis Mojo amps are good too but I would go with American Bass.

Don't forget about MMATS. Bad ass amps and you could even do a daily driver with those as well as a burp ride.

I like MMATS and American Bass about equall, so tuff call on that one.

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

The Destruction of a person builds character.

Terryswork001.png

ive HEARD that they don't really do 7k unless you have the 16v to feed them. i know he said he wanted to have 16v when finished, just throwing some feedback out there.

i agree. never heard a bad thing about them.... yet

You heard wrong!

The 7k is closer to 9000 watts at 16 to 18 volts

Get the new stetsom 10kd,s 4 amps around 40000 watts wow

Have you ever had your woofers blown?

Archived