Sundown Audio

6000watts?

jcm1689

im need a amp(s) that can put out 6000watts and right around $1200 dollar range. so far this is what ive came up with .......

2 massive audio p3000.1's

1 Soundstream xxx-6500

looking for any other suggestions on amps or what you guys think of the amps stated above. also if anyone knows if the massives are stable at 1.5 ohms and if the soundstream is stable at .7 ohms. The amps are gonna be used for daily poundin! i def do not take it easy on my equipment i like to push it to its limits. there might be times where its playing for 5 or 10 mins at a time at full tilt multiple times through out the day. so if either of these or your suggestions wont hold up to this please let me know.

maybe 2 audiopipe ap30001d's ran seperately since i dont think they can be strapped to my knowledge? I am not sure the true tested output as i cannot find anything on them other then people wanting them to be tested. But 1 should be about 400 bucks or so so 2 is 800. That will save you 400 more bucks if you attempt those!

Just my .02

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

maybe 2 audiopipe ap30001d's ran seperately since i dont think they can be strapped to my knowledge? I am not sure the true tested output as i cannot find anything on them other then people wanting them to be tested. But 1 should be about 400 bucks or so so 2 is 800. That will save you 400 more bucks if you attempt those!

Just my .02

cool dont really matter cuz they dont need to be strapped anyways....... i look into those thanks man......anyone else??

yep your right ^^^^^ from what ive read there not strappable cuz thier a dual mono block. any one have any input on these amps and how it compares to the other 2

oh ive also read that the soundstream xxx amps arent that good for daily mainly just spl and stuff. anyone else heard this?

EDIT: Now i just read somewhere else that they can be strapped so idk. but like i said it dont matter

I dont really think you'll see 6k with the ss-6500 on a 12v system. A soundstream 10,000 would do about 6k and can be found for 6-700 used.

i could get a new one for $1400----have any experience with one?

I know they're the new boner in car audio, but what about crunch 3000D's? I finally got to tune my buddies up in his ranger, and that is a powerful little amp.

My System:

Pioneer AVH-P3200BT

4-Dayton 7 inch reference series (front doors)

8-Onkyo 3/4 inch tweeters (dash)

1-Sundown Audio 100.4D (mids/highs)

2-18" BTL's (for now)

Crescendo 3kwp (for sale)

Complete rebuild coming soon...

2 saz3000d's strapped....over 6k at 2ohms. you can get a pair of refurbs at db-R for about 1400 shipped come with warranty....but they are out lol

i was thinking leave the 12 sitting in the box in the hole and duck tape from the bottom of the sub to the bottom of the baffle so the sub doesnt free air. would that work?

Archived