Sundown Audio

6000watts?

jcm1689

I say go with 2 RF 40001BDs or Sundown 4 SAX-3000s.

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

The Destruction of a person builds character.

Terryswork001.png

Hey said in the 1200$ range xD

VW Passat 3C/B6 Variant

Stock Vw Navigation System with Audio System Hi/Low Converter ( 3.sixty or something like that in the Future)

JBL Bpx 2200.1

JBL Px 300.4

Dynaudio Front & Rear

2x Ground Zero Gzuw 15xii

im need a amp(s) that can put out 6000watts and right around $1200 dollar range. so far this is what ive came up with .......

2 massive audio p3000.1's

1 Soundstream xxx-6500

looking for any other suggestions on amps or what you guys think of the amps stated above. also if anyone knows if the massives are stable at 1.5 ohms and if the soundstream is stable at .7 ohms. The amps are gonna be used for daily poundin! i def do not take it easy on my equipment i like to push it to its limits. there might be times where its playing for 5 or 10 mins at a time at full tilt multiple times through out the day. so if either of these or your suggestions wont hold up to this please let me know.

I say go with 2 RF 40001BDs or Sundown 4 SAX-3000s.

so your tellin me you can get 2 T4k's or 4 saz3000d's for under 2k? Maybe used T4k's. and no way in hell your gonna get 4 used 3000d's for any less than 2400$.....so i think thats a little out of his range...just my .02

i was thinking leave the 12 sitting in the box in the hole and duck tape from the bottom of the sub to the bottom of the baffle so the sub doesnt free air. would that work?

I say screw price.

The amount of money he wants to spend will not equal joyfullnes.

This is from someone that is broke.

Cheap shit = lousy stereo sytem

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Terryswork001.png

so your tellin me you can get 2 T4k's or 4 saz3000d's for under 2k? Maybe used T4k's. and no way in hell your gonna get 4 used 3000d's for any less than 2400$.....so i think thats a little out of his range...just my .02

Well he didnt say how many 1200$ price ranges he had to work with, so 2 amps 1200$ a piece is still in the 1200 price range, just 1200 for each amp !!! http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/tease.gif

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

Sorry man :give_rose:

I just don't give a fuck.

someone says they want this or that, I'm going to push quality.

When your in C A ya just need to forget about price if you want something good.

Wait and save or you'll be unhappy.

U get what U pay for in this buisnes

and with that I'm done.

Terryswork001.png

yea i 100% agree with that. thats why ive been rollin the past 3 months with only a deck and some mids. i could have went to walmart and got some 50$ pioneer 12's and be bumpin a little but thats money that could have went towards something i would like to have way more and last way longer. so yea i agree i was just stating that you listed amps out of his price range :good:

i was thinking leave the 12 sitting in the box in the hole and duck tape from the bottom of the sub to the bottom of the baffle so the sub doesnt free air. would that work?

and with that I'm done.

yea i 100% agree with that. thats why ive been rollin the past 3 months with only a deck and some mids. i could have went to walmart and got some 50$ pioneer 12's and be bumpin a little but thats money that could have went towards something i would like to have way more and last way longer. so yea i agree i was just stating that you listed amps out of his price range :good:

well for about a year and a half now ive been without a big system and ive been planing for one and the something always comes up. i end up changing vehicles or my lady or my daughter need something. and even though i just bought a bike, a durango and a tahoe for my lady i actually have some money right now so i have to do something. Theres nothing wrong with spending more on amps i would just like to stay away from it if possible. i know you have to spend more to get quality but im not trying to get the best just something decent. Also im going to be running 4 bl's daily, with the amps you suggested that kinda power will def. cook them. 1 RF40001 or 2 sundowns would work but 2 40001s or 4 sundowns it to much power. plus my electrical setup is planned out to support about 6500-7000 watts with those amps plus my mids and highs i could easly be seeing 11,000 to 13,000 watts

and with that I'm done.

Damn skippy !!!!!
dcaudio.jpg ALLAH's the most gracious, he made the universe the most spaciousSeen and heard in all places, but still appear facelessEmbraces all races, all caste and all casesIn every spec of life he's the substance of all tracesSMDsigbannr9.jpg

cactus sounds 5k or 7k should be in that ballpark

there overseas arent they? any info on where i could find one new or used?

Archived