I know this is kind of a stupid question because it's up to me but just wanting to see if anyone has ever been strapped for cash and done it...

I was thinking about putting up some business cards or something, maybe just straight posters up at the local highschools and a cd place for doing installs..

(no custom enclosures) since I don't have the gear to do that on a regular basis...but, just quote them a price on how much to install and for parts..

make about 50-100 an install...I mean, I can do it at half the cost the other places can because they have to charge so much...

downside is I have to tell them upfront there is no warranty and that I don't have insurance to cover any mistake I make...i.e. shorting something out or something in the car goes wrong cause the kid plays it too loud and thinks he can get his money back...

any chance this might have a little success..I showed my friends etc. my own installs/history with some pics etc and they seemed ok about it...

Now most people can install their own crap but some people don't have any idea and there really is a little more to it than an average guy understands till he reads about it some more...

I'm talking doing the work for them though not just installing...having them buy the parts through me and then installing it all for one price...seem like I could make money?

p.s. try not to get too negative, just want constructive criticism..

Edited by Frozenbritches

2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo

Hifonics Brutus Bxi2607D (FRIED...saving for ZX2500.1)

2 15" 07 L7's ported at 32hz

Xplod POS for the MIDS, which are Memphis

SMDMafiaFrozenbritches.jpg

i would highly suggest not doing this. i never touch peoples cars that i dont know unless im working somewhere. you could end up with a lawsuit or some one tryin to sue you really fast. if there is something broken or messed up in their car, even if you didnt do it and it was already there, there gonna come after you and want you to fix it.

But what about having my lawyer write up a waiver they could sign...

Or hell, even a regular liability waiver from online would work..

Edited by Frozenbritches

2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo

Hifonics Brutus Bxi2607D (FRIED...saving for ZX2500.1)

2 15" 07 L7's ported at 32hz

Xplod POS for the MIDS, which are Memphis

SMDMafiaFrozenbritches.jpg

i would highly suggest not doing this. i never touch peoples cars that i dont know unless im working somewhere. you could end up with a lawsuit or some one tryin to sue you really fast. if there is something broken or messed up in their car, even if you didnt do it and it was already there, there gonna come after you and want you to fix it.

covered basically everything i would have said

NoFearX18 said:

Nick will bang just about anything.....LMAO....pun intended

On 4/13/2010 at 9:51 AM, meade916 said:

i was like DAMN, Chode is hardcore! he makes james look like a friendly person LOL!

trainman0978 said:

I dont know who is worse with the buttholes Chode or Big P...

thdsig2_zps7dd050e2.jpg

TDHsig1_zps90d6048b.jpg

Team Deadly Hertz / Team DC Audio / Team XS Power

2010 DC AUDIO MEMBER OF THE YEAR!!!

DuckretaryFEAR THE DUCK Durangho Chodes Blowthrough Build Youtube vids Muh Wife

Need DC Audio? Hit me up for pricing!!!

One more reason pro installs cost more....their bonded/insured..you cut/tap into the wrong data wire.....your fucked!

Yep, Magnolia Hi-Fi when installing my Wifes system in her Convertible BMW hit a wire when pulling out the stock system and fried the Motor for the top, after all said and done it cost them 1500 bucks to replace it.

And these guy's are professionals and do good work, mistakes happen I dont care how good you think you are you will make a mistake sooner or later.

Doing this for friends is one thing but once you start acting like a business you will need to be Bonded and Insured to protect your own ass.

X11tybillion NO I have seen a professional installer at a shop put a screw through the roof of a brand new Nissan suv that was still property of the dealer. Also seen a professional installer blow the airbags on a new car while tapping into factory harness.....

Some people need a sympathetic pat... on the head...with my hammer

Scientia est Vox

"In Nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti"clover.gif

DONT BE AFRAID TO USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!!!

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg

X11tybillion NO I have seen a professional installer at a shop put a screw through the roof of a brand new Nissan suv that was still property of the dealer. Also seen a professional installer blow the airbags on a new car while tapping into factory harness.....

ooh ouch

I've done it before (stereo installs for people I didn't know as a side job). Lucky it turned out OK for me. I've even had em call me back for more work. But if you weigh out the Good/Bad ratio, It could cost you WAY more to fix a simple mistake than you would have initially made on the job

--Sampson cool.gif

816-591-6592

www.kcrimshop.com