Wiring Advice

hey, I was lookin to see if anyone could advise me on a decent wiring kit. I'm not looking for the most expensive high end shit, I want affordable quality. I've looked into KnuConceptz and their prices look good to me, I just dont know what kit to go with. Any help would be greatly appreciated (doesnt have to be by knuconceptz)

HU : Alpine IDA-X100

Front: Coming Soon

Rear: Coming Soon

Sub: 15" Fi Q (no plans on upgrading anytime soon)

Mono Amp: Sundown SAE 1000D (no plans on upgrading anytime soon)

4Channel Amp: Coming Soon

Another thing I was wondering was will I need a Kinetik Battery, or a new high output alternator on a 97 Accord, or will re-wiring (Big 3) be fine for this setup without killing my car

Bought from : decafcappucino, and dwright27

hey, I was lookin to see if anyone could advise me on a decent wiring kit. I'm not looking for the most expensive high end shit, I want affordable quality. I've looked into KnuConceptz and their prices look good to me, I just dont know what kit to go with. Any help would be greatly appreciated (doesnt have to be by knuconceptz)

HU : Alpine IDA-X100

Front: Coming Soon

Rear: Coming Soon

Sub: 15" Fi Q (no plans on upgrading anytime soon)

Mono Amp: Sundown SAE 1000D (no plans on upgrading anytime soon)

4Channel Amp: Coming Soon

Another thing I was wondering was will I need a Kinetik Battery, or a new high output alternator on a 97 Accord, or will re-wiring (Big 3) be fine for this setup without killing my car

You will probably be OK with just the Big3 and an upgraded battery. You will get some headlight flash with the stock battery for sure.

if ur going to add a 4channel u need either two runs of 4 gauge or 1 run of 1/0

be careful when buying a kit and make sure it includes everything you need

i usually suggest kicker pkd1 kit then just buy the rcas you need.... this will allow you to double ur existing power without needing to upgrade power...

you will benefit from getting the largest bat up front to replace stock too..... what amperage is ur stock alt

btw.... knukonceptz is pretty much the cheapest but best wire for the money

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

thanks, for the replies, yea Im leaning towards the 4 gauge KLM kit by Knu, but I was wondering if I could get a kit for multiple amps, something like:

http://www.crutchfield.com/App/Produ...5RFK4D&tp=1469

but cheaper, if I were to go with the KLM kit I guess I'd need to buy like one of the 4 gauge for the mono amp, and an 8 gauge kit for the 4 channel plus a distribution block?

oh and btw the alternator is 80 amps, from what i've been reading it will have lights dimming, but thats fine, as long as it doesn't just kill my alternator, i wont be like running the system when the car isnt on or anything like

Bought from : decafcappucino, and dwright27

personally i would go with 1/0 for the sub amp. i usually try to stay away from kits. especially the 1/0 kits, with the price of them some times its cheaper to buy everything seperate and even if its the same you can pick out everything you want. i would suggest buying some 1/0 buy the foot. with it being an accord your run(s) shouldnt be that long. if car audio specific brands are to much you could look into some decent welding wire. ive seen multiple places that have 1/0 for about $2 a foot. that would be better than any 4 guage

I think you will be fine with quality 4 gauge. 4 gauge should carry atleast 120 amps. The sundowns fuses only total 90 amps and i doubt it would ever pull that much.

but i would just get the pkd1 kit. Ebay has great prices on them.

maybe these rca's

you can cook bacon shirtless if you're not a pussy...lol

not hatin, but am i wrong here it looks as if the amp is not grounded its hooked directly to the battery. it that the way it should be.

intr.jpg

DC.jpgDC POWER

http://www.cableyard.com/catalog/product_i...;products_id=32

if your not gonna run a short ground to the chasis you only need about 25-26 feet to do your power ground and big 3. then just get a cheap fuse block and some rca's. all of that wold probably run you about 80 or 90 buck's. i cant even say that ive seen a 1/0 kit for that cheap (not saying there isnt one out there) and on top of it if you buy a kit regardless wheather its 4guage or 1/0 your gonna have to buy some wire and connectors on top or that for the big 3

Archived