Second Skin Audio

Speaker Wire Gauge?

if you go into the "ELECTRICAL" section on here and look under "IMPORTANT TOPIC .......WIRE/FUSE guide" and you'll see the chart for the different size power wires and then you scroll down and you'll find the speaker wire sizes. so yes there is a chart for this.

NVM! Damn just seen it!

Thanks tons man, I must have not even seen that earlier! :D

Edited by The Performer

userbar651078zu3.gif

MECP_SMALL.jpgCERTIFIED BITCHES!!!

Not being new at something doesn't mean anything. Just because a prostitute isn't new at what she does, doesn't change the fact that she still 'sucks'

Click to see my build!

Proud DC owner

Here is a quote from that chart

12 gauge: ~21.8 amperes

8 ohms - <3800 watts

6 ohms - <2850 watts

4 ohms - <1900 watts

3 ohms - <1425 watts

2 ohms - <950 watts

1 ohm - <475 watts

Im running 2 18" BL's D1's wired to 1 OHM. Reading the above chart states that using 1OHM, I CANT exceed 475watts.... so if im reading that correctly, i CAN NOT use 12GA if im supplying 1100+RMS watts to each BL under 1 OHM....Correct? Thanks

I love my staffie :good:

So anti FACEBOOK it isn't even funny

If your running 1100 to each sub I'd stick to 8 gauge or 10gauge. When in doubt go bigger, It won't hurt.

HU: JVC KD-AVX1Speakers: Stock BlazerSub: 2 Mass Destruction Car Audio Sidewinder 12"Amp: Orion HCCA-D1200 @ 1ohm (600 RMS)Box: 3.0 cubes tuned to 35

If your running 1100 to each sub I'd stick to 8 gauge or 10gauge. When in doubt go bigger, It won't hurt.

My whole reason for trying to switch over to 12GA wire is so that I can go squeeze 2 wires into the terminals on the BL's, so I can come out of the box with just 2 holes and not 8 like I currently have. I'll show you what I mean, I have a pic of the back side of my box. Im wanting to do the sub wiring internal to the box, and just have my 1+ and 1- wire coming out the box. I'm currently using 8Ga wire and that shit is thick, and can just barely get 1 wire into the speaker terminals.

dscn0055sd3.jpg

I love my staffie :good:

So anti FACEBOOK it isn't even funny

My whole reason for trying to switch over to 12GA wire is so that I can go squeeze 2 wires into the terminals on the BL's, so I can come out of the box with just 2 holes and not 8 like I currently have. I'll show you what I mean, I have a pic of the back side of my box. Im wanting to do the sub wiring internal to the box, and just have my 1+ and 1- wire coming out the box. I'm currently using 8Ga wire and that shit is thick, and can just barely get 1 wire into the speaker terminals.

dscn0055sd3.jpg

Maybe try and tin the tips of the 8 gauge then file the ends into a half circle so that when you put them both in the terminal (each one from each side of the terminal) they create a single 8 gauge diameter.

You know what I mean? I wish I could draw a picture or something.

userbar651078zu3.gif

MECP_SMALL.jpgCERTIFIED BITCHES!!!

Not being new at something doesn't mean anything. Just because a prostitute isn't new at what she does, doesn't change the fact that she still 'sucks'

Click to see my build!

Proud DC owner