Project Astrovan

chewie

hey guys ill be building a astro van very shortly. and i had a few questions.

ill be using four fi audo btl 18s and two hifonics xxv goliath amps. (two optima yellow tops per amp and one under the hood ) and big three upgrade (one 300 amp alternator or will i need two ? )

and a older alpine head unit

first question would be subs up port back be better than subs up port up. ?

what kind of signal processors should i be looking at or should my alpine work fine. (sounds amazing on aftermarket speakers by itself )

has seperate sub and frequency adjustment on it and i can change the frequency crossover on each speaker individually

ill be replacing all the side rear windows with 1/8th inch steel plate.

do i need dynamat or can i put 1 inch mdf on the walls and ceiling and fill in the gap with expandable foam?

what options should i get on the btls it will be used for music as well. it wont be a one note wonder car.

i pmed mr meade about the speakers and still waiting for a reply but any help is greatly appreciated.

91 dodge colt gt..

4 custom t600 15s

audioque 3500d.1

tuned to 25 hz... stay tuned.

blazer

stroker 15

brutus bxi2006d terrible voltage drop

145.4@38HZ... SEALED LEGAL

Aim: chewieft09

www.t3audio.com

carpe diez nuts !!

my house is louder than your car...

Well Randy (assman) only has one alternator in his van on a little over 20k watts but he does have 16 Kinetik 2400s. Its always better to have more but 1 will work, you will just need some juice to back it up.

And wall that bish off, dont just do a big box.

For this type of thing, send assman a PM with some of your questions since he works with an astro van.

i should probably know this but why would walling it off be better than a big box ?

i really dont have the money for 16 kenetics

so i figured two yellowtops per amp and one under hte hood with one 300 amp alt or two wouldsuffice

btw heres the van Posted Image

Posted Image

91 dodge colt gt..

4 custom t600 15s

audioque 3500d.1

blazer

stroker 15

www.t3audio.com

carpe diez nuts !!

Multiple alts are better,i drop to 12 volts when playing mine.I will be putting a second one in sometime in the near future.AS far as a box or wall,a wall will get louder then having a big box firing up.It will cut the cabin area down.

Assman Idustries

Fear The Duck

Team Notoriously Loud Mafia

duck.jpg
bannerfans_8aed9634.png

get higher numbers walled

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

cabin space really doesnt matter

id REALLY like to keep the second row seat id really hate to have the wall right at the back of the front seats.

91 dodge colt gt..

4 custom t600 15s

audioque 3500d.1

blazer

stroker 15

www.t3audio.com

carpe diez nuts !!

well randy sounds like me and you are gonna have many conversations over the next few weeks.

i have many questions and i hope you have many awnsers ive built boxes but ive never built a wall . your gonna have to give me the lowdown. (if you dont mind )

91 dodge colt gt..

4 custom t600 15s

audioque 3500d.1

blazer

stroker 15

www.t3audio.com

carpe diez nuts !!

Im not the best at tuning a box but i will help as much as i can.I think doing a regular box for 4 18's i dont think you will have much room for everything.A buddy of mine had 4 18's and 2 soundstream 10000's in his van but it didnt seem to have much room for any more batts.You could also do a wall behind the second row of seats,well build a box and put it in standing up and fill around the edges would be easiest way to do it.

Assman Idustries

Fear The Duck

Team Notoriously Loud Mafia

duck.jpg
bannerfans_8aed9634.png

that sounds like a good idea id really like to keep it behind the second row of seats

91 dodge colt gt..

4 custom t600 15s

audioque 3500d.1

blazer

stroker 15

www.t3audio.com

carpe diez nuts !!