easy there roscoe. lol. i love them big too.

well i got a small update. i started to remove some body pieces to make the body work easier. i think i am just gonna have to replace the read quarters. they are worse than i thought. but on with the pics for you whores.

i doubt i can fix these. so a vist to my buddies shop is in order this winter.

KIF_0305.jpg

the ass. i shaved the H emblem because i hated the tacky blue one she put on there and i just like it wiht out the emblem. the darker silver is high build primer

KIF_0318.jpg

hell yeah this motor has got to go. the head gasket if gone completely and its just fucked otherwise.

KIF_0321.jpg

i have had this built for over a month and soon it will have a home. (i hope)

KIF_0322.jpg

beside the color this is the only thing wrong with the interior. i am gonna rewrap them with black vinyl and put box carpet where the factory cloth is.

KIF_0323.jpg

hopefully you guys can see this pic better

KIF_0324.jpg

the inside on the valve cover. the black shit is caked on oil that is about a half inch thick.

KIF_0325.jpg

i am doing a full color change so its all gotta come off. i will paint the engine bay when i get the motor swapped.

KIF_0326.jpg

the parts taken off already.

KIF_0327.jpg

----reference's----

meade916

im not being a dick or anything. but i have 203 views and only 10 responses. i know this is not re/fi/dc/rf or anything but damn wheres the love. thats what keeps all of us going right? and i already know the progress is slow but in the end when ever it is. i promise it will be worth it.

----reference's----

meade916

lol good luck

my buddy had a civic he started restoring, exact car, worked on it forever did all the body work needed one door and a hood, and then one day he randomly paid the AAA guy to come pick it up and take it to the scrap yard for money lol

Hope you don't lose motivation

1986 C20 Suburban

9 American Bass XFL 15's

B2 M1MKII

14v XS Power Batteries

Maxwell Caps

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not

you havent lived until you've hit a screw with a router.

as long as my wife is here i will never lose motivation. i was already offered well over a grand for it but she took the keys and title and went to work. she would prpbably leave me if i sold this car. i have dreamed about it since i was a kid. i just wish i had the damn money for a motor swap this summer so i could drive it.

----reference's----

meade916

the last pic is for gp2k2. that is the same paint he talks about. the cheap shit from wally world. its under a buck a can. the whole car will be done in it until my buddy greg paint it.

----reference's----

meade916

for mods i am gonna keep it simple to me atleast. i plan on a full msd ignition, a new cold air intake a header and full custom exhaust with the current muffler, coilovers for about a 1.5" drop and tint. if i can find it in my basement i have a electric water pump from my old hatch that i will throw on. i am keep the stock wheels unless i can find some super fins but i will be upgrading the tires to the new falken fk452's. remember this is all subject to change. i want reliabulity out of this car. i am taking my time on the body work so i will spend less money at my buddys shop this winter. what sucks is i cant find a decent set of rear quarters anywhere and i am not gonna spend the moeny to have him make some like he did on his 93. so i will do my best. (hint hint bondo bucket here i come). the final color will be flat black. its gonna be rattle caned until i get it repainted BASF 2 stage flat black

Edited by reinke

----reference's----

meade916

do you mean yours has the 78 head or mine. im lost. made a little more body work progress i will upload pics later. i am under attack from bee's and wasp's though. so i had to go buy some foggers and spray. i haven't been able to get alot done because there is a huge freakin nest up in the rafters and i am hihgly allergic to them. so tonight i am gonna bomb the garage and hopefully get more done tomorrow.

p.s. my buddy is thinking about buying my system from my f-150 after my last show. if he does i am gonna get the motor swapped out. i found a z6 in a local junkyard for $399.99 with a 90 day warranty. it is missing a disturbutor (sp) but the one on the current motor is new so it will due for the mean time until i can afford the msd set up i want.

----reference's----

meade916