Second Skin Audio

Best Way To Wire 3 Subs

I was wondering whats the best way to wire 3 12"s subs. What ohms and which way. Would it be better to wire them to one huge amp or do 3 small amps. Or do what im thinking and run an amp at 2ohms for 2 subs and run the third off a small amp. I dont know which is the best, what would be the best way?

I have 3 sony xplods SVC. I dont know what amp because im seeing if i need to upgrade. I have a sony amp bridged pushing like 500watts. and another boos amp with the same set up. i only have 2 subs going now put in putting in another one and need to know what to do about the amp situation. The Subs are 4 ohms. i think i answered all the question..

Edited by hoppinAltima

I have 3 sony xplods SVC. I dont know what amp because im seeing if i need to upgrade. I have a sony amp bridged pushing like 500watts. and another boos amp with the same set up. i only have 2 subs going now put in putting in another one and need to know what to do about the amp situation. The Subs are 4 ohms. i think i answered all the question..

so with that being said you need a good 1 ohm stable amp. 4 ohm + 4 ohm 4 ohm = 1.34 ohm ... that's the load you'll be putting on the amp once you wire all three subs in parallel. what the rms on each sub? i'm sure a good 1000rms @ 1 ohm amp will do it. get some good RCAs, the proper power and ground wire and you'll be good to go. i'd try and stick with just one good amp for the subs though.

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

(1) XS Power D6500(UNDERHOOD) and (1) XS3000(REAR)

3 runs 1/0ga for power and 2 runs of 1/0ga for negative.

(2)-RFT165s components, ...... 4 separate 1 inch tweetersRF T600-2(fronts) Punch 450.4(rear)

Audiocontrol 3.1.

DC power 260amp alternator w/MLA Module

so with that being said you need a good 1 ohm stable amp. 4 ohm + 4 ohm 4 ohm = 1.34 ohm ... that's the load you'll be putting on the amp once you wire all three subs in parallel. what the rms on each sub? i'm sure a good 1000rms @ 1 ohm amp will do it. get some good RCAs, the proper power and ground wire and you'll be good to go. i'd try and stick with just one good amp for the subs though.

x10

--Sampson cool.gif

816-591-6592

www.kcrimshop.com

The subs are 380 rms a piece. should i get a 1000 rms amp like you he said or should i go higher to give the subs all they can handle..

you go any higher and your gonna be buying sum new subs there.i dont think sony can take that much more power maybe like a 1200 watts rms amp but 1000 should be good for those three subs.

That's why they don't deliver.

Yer ass better go sit along the side of the road and wait.

You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start :D

I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.

you go any higher and your gonna be buying sum new subs there.i dont think sony can take that much more power maybe like a 1200 watts rms amp but 1000 should be good for those three subs.

I hate it when someone tells a beginner to buy a small amp!!! If you buy a small amp now, you have no room for growth if you decide to get better subs. Plus you will have a harder time selling a smaller amp then a bigger one. It seems like people forget that there are ways to turn amps down. Buy the biggest amp you can afford…

TeamSundown-3.jpgTeamNemesislogo.jpg

If you build it, db's will come...

NSPL World Record Holder Trunk 0-1800 watts---147.9 with 1722 clamped watts @ 40Hz(9-20-09).

Competition Only Record Holder Trunk 0-500 watts---148.1

2006 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE

Currently Rebuilding....

My 150db Plus Trunk Build

I do box designs.

[benH] 6:24 pm: clipping doesn't really hurt subs

[benH] 6:24 pm: being an idiot is what blows subs