Capacitor Wiring Difference?

Hey guys, I got a question maybe some of you guys will know better than me. I've always had my cap connected in with the stereo like this:

728zmd.jpg

But I was at a audio shop chit chatting and the guy told me I should have it wired like this.

21ki5o8.jpg

I've never had any problems with the top configuration, but I have seen many diagrams of the second way. In my mind I can't see any kind of difference in either way besides the second one needing more wire in my case.

So my question is, is there any difference in either way, or what. For my configuration I've always liked how easy it is to make the first way look good, but either way, just curious. To me, it looks like they should have no difference except one wastes more ground wire.

userbar651078zu3.gif

MECP_SMALL.jpgCERTIFIED BITCHES!!!

Not being new at something doesn't mean anything. Just because a prostitute isn't new at what she does, doesn't change the fact that she still 'sucks'

Click to see my build!

Proud DC owner

my only guess is that the amp isnt properly grounded. which could be a potential no no- but i dont know much.

you ain't been bizzy til you've been wit jizzy.

Vehicle:: 2005 Saturn Ion

Headunit:: Jensen 9312HD

Speakers:: RE SE Coaxials

Subwoofer(s):: (2) 15" RE SEs

Amplifier(s):: Audiopipe AP1500.1D

Audiopipe AP1504

Enclosure:: Sealed

Wire: KNU KONCEPTZ 1/0

Battery:: Kinetik HC600

ive always wired them in series with the battery (i think series is the right word?)

hot to hot and ground to ground.

and not had the cap inline with the power wire to the amp.

First Gen Xterra: Always changing

DNX 690HD

RF 360.3
RF T3002
RF T4004
RF T10001bd
Silver Flute 6.5"s
Tang Band 1" Tweeters
Sundown X18 in 7cubes net tuned to 32hz

Trust me .25 Blows your Load.

ive always wired them in series with the battery (i think series is the right word?)

hot to hot and ground to ground.

and not had the cap inline with the power wire to the amp.

uh... could you maybe draw that out?

And I believe that would be parallel... I'm not sure, I'd have to see what you're talking about.

userbar651078zu3.gif

Not being new at something doesn't mean anything. Just because a prostitute isn't new at what she does, doesn't change the fact that she still 'sucks'

Click to see my build!

Proud DC owner

get rid of the cap all together :P

I know, I know, everyone says caps are no good compared to an extra batt. and alt., but for as many watts as I'm pulling it has always helped. :)

userbar651078zu3.gif

Click to see my build!

Proud DC owner

have you tried an extra deep cycle battery though? they cost about the same.

No I haven't ever done any changes to the battery. It is a brand new batt. though so no need for getting rid of it I would assume just yet.

userbar651078zu3.gif

Click to see my build!

Proud DC owner

the cap would have the same output either way

So there's really no difference in the ways they are wired? Maybe the guy just didn't understand me when I was telling him how I had it wired...

Either way, I'm just going to be going with the top way again since it makes the most sense to me and works great.

userbar651078zu3.gif

Click to see my build!

Proud DC owner