Problem With Remote Starter System! Please Help Me Out!

i didnt see any large white wires under the dash.

Prolly isn't one then. Alot of the buicks from the 90s didn't use a second ignition wire or it wasn't needed for remote start.

Did you test the amperage being drawn yet?

Edited by Shyne151

-Installer for Duke's Car Stereo

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix - Ported Eaton M90 S/C, 3.5" pulley, XS Power Headers, 1.9 Rockers, FWI, Poly Motor Mounts, Custom Tune.

RF T1000-1bdCP and T400-4

Boston Acoustics SPG 555

Kenwood eXcelon 995

RF Punch 6.5" components and MB Quart Premium 6x9"s

Powermaster Alternator, YellowTop D34, Vmax CT1000

Un plug the orange and brown wires.

dont light up any accy's.

See what happens, and btw you only need 1 of those accy wires for the a/c, the other does the radio.

No need for a radio if its r/s'd

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

ya i tried that already. i just pulled the power wire inline fuses on them. the fuse that is geting hot is the main ignition wire. its the only one thats really needed :(

well besides the AC wire.LOL thats the main reason for the remote starter...

i also think its odd with its passlock vats security system sometimes works with the key just fine and other times it wont start with the key. :( ODD. the way my dads been restarting the car when it does that is with the remote starter system which has always started the car no problem with my resistor bypass/relay setup, ive even changed relays thinking maybe it was the problem. so now i just wire in a momentary switch to the alarms bypass relay to activate the bypass just like the alarm and then the key will start the car just fine.

its odd theres no pattern to it either! but i just wired up the momentary switch to the relay to make it easier for him to restart it because he kills the motor ALOT.LOL he remote starts it gets in THINKS he turned the key ON but he doesnt OR TOTALY FORGETS THE KEY and as soon as he hits the brake pedal. OFF it goes.LOL

i just bought some 40amp fuses from the audio store and ill try one out in the problem wire and see if still gets hot or not or if the wire gets hot either... have to do some testing

if the wire/fuse does get hot after the full 15mins of run time then ill try cutting the wire off the relay box and use my own 12volt 30amp relay and hardwire it and activate that relay with the alarms ribbon cable wire that turns that wire on. i hope i can find the real problem..... and IMO i dont see how those SMALL @SS built in relays can handle that much power.LOL they are supper small!

Edited by addiction2bass
truckcleaned-07-1.jpg