Problem With Remote Starter System! Please Help Me Out!

well i instaled this hornet 564T alarm remote starter system ruffly a few years ago on my dads buick. i hooked it all up no issues with it at all from the start.

BUT afew weeks ago it blew a fuse on the remote starter relay satellite.... i changed the fuses around even the power wires! it has 2 power wires doing to the relay box.... and EVERY TIME i activate the remote starter system after ruffly 30seconds or so that same fuse warms up and seems to get hot to the touch... and that concerns me!!!!!!! im thinking its just gonna blow again...

the old original fuse was litterly melted in the center! bubbles in the plastic, plastic fuse holder was also melted one one side.

it has 30amp fuse. if i had a 40amp fuse i would try it but i know thats not a good idea!

i dont understand WHY ITS GETTING HOT!!!!!!!!

my dad bought another alarm system thinking that maybe the brain or the relay box was going bad. but i swaped out both and checked all the wires for tight clean conections and they are good!

there is 3 power wires on the new relay setup that is also fused and the old one had the same thing kinda with just a jumper wire. but only 1 of the fused power wires get hot...... BUT WHY......

its the main power wire i guess because if i pull or that fuse blows then the remote starter system will not work!!!!! but if i pull the 1 other fuse nothing happens, and the other i think killed the radio.

and i have power at all 3 power wire solder joints on the relay box.

im sorry im kinda bad at describing it.......

this is just extremly frustrating! ive tried a different fuse holder from a old amplifier 8gauge wire i had it tho the fuse holder does not feel hot but the fuse itself does feel hot!

truckcleaned-07-1.jpg

Run 12v straight from the battery to the remote start and see if it still does it. Also where is the unit grounded?

Edited by Shyne151

-Installer for Duke's Car Stereo

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix - Ported Eaton M90 S/C, 3.5" pulley, XS Power Headers, 1.9 Rockers, FWI, Poly Motor Mounts, Custom Tune.

RF T1000-1bdCP and T400-4

Boston Acoustics SPG 555

Kenwood eXcelon 995

RF Punch 6.5" components and MB Quart Premium 6x9"s

Powermaster Alternator, YellowTop D34, Vmax CT1000

well the wire doesnt feel hot. just the fuse.....

no shorts, wires right off the ignition power wires.

and the relay box doesnt have its own ground. just the ribbon cable that runs to the alarms brain.

i think the only ground is on the alarms brain and its not that large of a wire. ill check its conection tomorow morning.

truckcleaned-07-1.jpg

I'm guessing that the wire is too small for the amount of current. I had a air compressor that would run, and run, and run (broken valve)... and the fuse holder melted without blowing the fuse. I had too big of a fuse and the fuse holder started smoking and I saw the smoke and FLIPPED! What size wire? What size fuse?

The wires in the ribbon cable are actually a negative trigger(which uses the alarm brain ground to provide (-)).

You could always put a meter on the wire and see how many amps it is drawing...

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix - Ported Eaton M90 S/C, 3.5" pulley, XS Power Headers, 1.9 Rockers, FWI, Poly Motor Mounts, Custom Tune.

Boston Acoustics SPG 555

Kenwood eXcelon 995

well NOPE the ground on the alarm is good but it is kinda a small wire. i added a larger wire to it right off the alarms plug and added a second larger ground wire BUT NO LUCK :(

fuse still gets hot to the touch after ruffly 30seconds of remote started time.

it doesnt blow after 10mins or run time or at least hasnt yet.

o dang now im starting to get confused. thought my wiring might be off. so checked another online wire site http://www.directwholesale.net/diagrams/diagrams.asp?link=DW

and it only says ign1 pink, accessory orange.

well my designtech wiring info says

ign1 pink

ign2 ornage

acc brown

the directwholesale site might be wrong...

its for a 99 buick lesabre

im gonna have to go out there now and try to disconct some wires and see what happens.

truckcleaned-07-1.jpg

well NOPE the ground on the alarm is good but it is kinda a small wire. i added a larger wire to it right off the alarms plug and added a second larger ground wire BUT NO LUCK :(

fuse still gets hot to the touch after ruffly 30seconds of remote started time.

it doesnt blow after 10mins or run time or at least hasnt yet.

o dang now im starting to get confused. thought my wiring might be off. so checked another online wire site http://www.directwholesale.net/diagrams/diagrams.asp?link=DW

and it only says ign1 pink, accessory orange.

well my designtech wiring info says

ign1 pink

ign2 ornage

acc brown

the directwholesale site might be wrong...

its for a 99 buick lesabre

im gonna have to go out there now and try to disconct some wires and see what happens.

accessory is orange, second accessory is brown, 2nd ign is prolly white.

Boston Acoustics SPG 555

Kenwood eXcelon 995