• 2 weeks later...

sry southern i was just tryin to give him an idea of wat they look like geez, ur sidewall depends on the width of ur tire for example a tire that is 225/40/18 has a different size sidewall from a tire that it 275/40/18

EDIT: dang u beat me to it lol

this is very true... i found this out when i got tires for my camaro... the fronts where 275/40/18 and the backs were 295/45/18 and there was huge difference in size. You may want to look at a size smaller for the 275 tire

J. Jsig_253411.jpgMy CardomainFINISHED COBALT SS/SC DUAL ALTERNATOR PICS icon_nuts.gif

theres no such thing as too expensive when it comes to upgrades like that, because imo if you are gonna spend to upgrade then do it correctly rather then be a cheap ass ricer

a great tool i use to do rim measurements is rims-n-tires.com

the direct fit package for the bmw 7 series is:

Front: 20x9.0 ET15 PCD 5x120 $379.50 each

Rear: 20x10.0 ET15 $404.25 each

BFGoodrich     

g-Force T/A KDW low profile Ultra High Performance tires

Front: 245/40ZR20 95Y (704x245mm) $268.34 each

Rear: 275/35ZR20 98Y (700x275mm) $294.09 each 

http://www.rims-n-tires.com/rt_packages.js...staggeredMode=2

J. Jsig_253411.jpgMy CardomainFINISHED COBALT SS/SC DUAL ALTERNATOR PICS icon_nuts.gif

theres no such thing as too expensive when it comes to upgrades like that, because imo if you are gonna spend to upgrade then do it correctly rather then be a cheap ass ricer

Guest MegaloManiac

ok well i wanna get some rims in the future and this guy told me that a good tire to put on 20s on my car would be [glow=red,2,300]245[/glow]/40/20 in the front and [glow=red,2,300]275[/glow]/35/20 for the rear... well im a tire noob i have no idea what that means so can someone explain these numbers to me i just dont want thick tires preferably low profile tires

The 245 & 275 is the width...The last number is common sense...(20).

width as in how deep?

ok well i wanna get some rims in the future and this guy told me that a good tire to put on 20s on my car would be [glow=red,2,300]245[/glow]/40/20 in the front and [glow=red,2,300]275[/glow]/35/20 for the rear... well im a tire noob i have no idea what that means so can someone explain these numbers to me i just dont want thick tires preferably low profile tires

The 245 & 275 is the width...The last number is common sense...(20).

width as in how deep?

heres to expand on what new cents said

"Rim Width

The width between the flanges of the wheel (the part the bead of the tire touches).

Section Width

The linear distance between the outside of the sidewalls of an inflated tire without any load on it (this does not include any sidewall decorations).

Section Height

This is also known as the Aspect Ratio. This is figured as a percentage of the section width. A tire size of 205/60R15 would have a section width of 205 millimeters and a section height of 60 percent of 205 millimeters."

tireDimensionIllustration.gif

lol thats what i did when i was looking at new rims for the camaro... research tons