Need Some Box Design For 15" On A Suv.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
max output for 1 15" sub would be a T-line enclosure if you have the space.

Whaaaaaat?

Yeah, because all the world's loudest dbdraggers are running t-lines... :01nocomment8so:

That said, yes, a t-line would probably suit you seeing as you have lots of space and want strong lows :)

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

• 2 weeks later...
Whaaaaaat?

Yeah, because all the world's loudest dbdraggers are running t-lines... :01nocomment8so:

That said, yes, a t-line would probably suit you seeing as you have lots of space and want strong lows :)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think T-line referrs to a transmision line enclosure. They are super efficient, true, but aren't they also super tricky to build. That is unless you're willing to measure your speaker parameters yourself and build a few test boxes...

i'd vote no t-line, the t/s specs on that sub dont look like the kind that reacts well to the near free air resistance of a t-line, a more traditional ported box is probably your best bet

just my .02, you're going to spend more on glue than the sub, why would you really build a custom enclosure for a 40$ sub from a company that does'nt exist anymore?

If i knew how to convert t/s into volume and port size i'd help you out, but thats a bit beyond me right now, if anyone has the formulas feel free to share

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think T-line referrs to a transmision line enclosure. They are super efficient, true, but aren't they also super tricky to build. That is unless you're willing to measure your speaker parameters yourself and build a few test boxes...

Yep t-line = transmission line.

Indeed they're very efficient but they don't offer much in the way of cone control which limits the amount of power you can give them... at the end of the day a ported or bandpass box with LOADS of power is going to be louder than a t-line which is limited by the mechanical power limits of the sub in that particular enclosure.

If you know the parameters of the sub it's not all that hard to build a t-line. Sure it's a bit more complex than a regular box but nothing crazy. A lot of people on here have built them without going to the n'th degree with the technical stuff and still got very good results.

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!